The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Throughout the summer, this research intern will be exposed to the industry research atmosphere and introduced to a variety of analytical techniques used to characterize protein-drug interactions. This research internship is meant to promote scientific inquiry as well as provide meaningful laboratory experience. Interns will be encouraged to generate their own hypotheses and troubleshoot experimental data with support from their mentor.
- Pursuing a degree in Science
- Previous laboratory experience is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of some of following laboratory techniques: mammalian cell culture, SDS-PAGE, western blotting, ELISA, chromatography, and BLI.
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.