Director, Field-based Clinical Support West Region (California, Pacific NW, Arizona, Colorado)
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Director, Field-based Clinical Support leads a team of field-based clinical coordinators. The team is comprised of allied health care professionals who address patient access-related barriers to therapy. The Associate Director provides overall management of a team of 5 Clinical Coordinators and 2-3 remote call center Clinical Coordinators. This would include performance management of the team and individual contributors. This includes identifying developmental needs and developing a plan, developing business skills within the team, problem solving related to patient and customer issues, ensuring SOP’s are implemented, participating in account team calls as needed, facilitating collaboration between team members as well as with Sales, RareConnections, Marketing, Commercial Operations and Medical Affairs.
- Managing field-based healthcare professionals who help patients and clinics ensure the safe and appropriate use of BioMarin marketed products
- Integrate operations seamlessly with BioMarin’s Field Sales, Rare Connections, and National Accounts groups
- Collaborate closely with other commercial groups including Marketing, Sales Operations, Commercial Learning and Development, and Medical Affairs
- Travel as necessary to oversee effective program operations
- Participate as necessary on brand, field sales, and other commercial teams
- Manage and adhere to corporate policies and practices
- 4-6 years of experience working in a leadership role for a pharmaceutical company
- Varied background and experience beneficial. ie different functional experience or industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or science discipline
- MBA or advanced degree desired
- Credential and experience in direct patient care (MD, RN, RD, GC, PharmD, MSW, etc), preferred but not required
This is a remote position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.