Technical Product Manager
Agilysys is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our team. You will be instrumental in shaping the future direction of one or more products in our portfolio, which range from new, greenfield products as well as our existing in-market solutions for Property Management, Spa Management, Golf Management, and Activity Management in the hospitality industry.
The ideal candidate has shipped commercial enterprise software to the delight of customers worldwide. You love driving an aggressive but realistic vision. You back your ideas with industry insight, customer need and company strategy. Leveraging your technical skills and product understanding, you love working closely with customers to develop comprehensive solutions. You are data driven, using multiple sources to help inform your opinions. You are a go-to person for the state of the industry. You can recite competitors’ strengths and weaknesses in your sleep. You agonize over the product experience, wanting to make it as easy to use as possible. You love to work collaboratively with the Business Analysis and Product Development teams. You keep abreast of relevant news, blogs and product announcements.
- Working closely with Sales and Account Management, engage customers to understand their technical needs and develop solutions that address those needs.
- Participate in the execution of product roadmaps, collaborating with the rest of the organization in their development and ultimate acceptance.
- Serve as the voice of the customer, representing their needs to the organization.
- Work closely with Program Management, Development and Test in the definition and prioritization of the features for our products.
- Collaborate with Support and Field teams to ensure readiness for product launch.
- Travel up to 25% of the time, mostly in the continental US, to visit customers and our other company locations.
- Working closely with business analysts in defining and producing feature requirement documentation.
- Define business, functional, and technical requirements for our solutions.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
- At least 3 years as a product manager of commercial software product development.
- Experience building products from vision to delivery.
- Technically adept and technology curious. Able to engage in technical conversations with company developers and customers’ technical representatives.
- Have taken multiple software products to market, preferably localized for global delivery.
- Ideally, have developed solutions for the hospitality space and/property management software and solutions before.
- Experience with mobile applications and platforms is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, collaboration, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced presenter, to both small and large audiences.
- At least 5 years experience in the hospitality industry.