WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: SECURITY ASSOCIATE
CLASSIFICATION CODE: NON-EXEMPT FULL TIME
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: SECURITY SUPERVISOR
STATEMENT OF JOB: The Security Associate provide the day-to-day security, safety checks, reports and other steps in direct development, implementation, and sustainment of key safety programs for their designated site. The Security Associate member is required to use sound judgment to perform in the identification, assessment, analysis and solving of a broad spectrum of security/safety/client services issues. The Security Associate is responsible to remain prepared for situations and use both critical thinking skills as well as rely on training to provide ABHS sites with an effective & efficient response to all site emergencies, basic first-aid responses, safety concerns and protection of any or all of ABHS Clients, Guests, Employees and Property, both physical and intellectual. The Site Services Associate also plays a key role of an integrated facility service program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Patrol buildings and grounds of Apache Behavioral Health Services, Inc.; thoroughly complete reports of patrol round.
2. Warns violators of rule infractions, including loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and expels person engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
3. Completely secures all property, premises, and facilities by checking lights, doors, windows, storage, and gates to determine that they are secured on daily basis.
4. Document all accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked and other related situations.
5. Observes departing personnel to guard against theft or Apache Behavioral Health Services, Inc. property.
6. Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
7. Focuses on de-escalating conflict. Engages in active listening, demonstrating calm emotional response.
8. Required to implement ABHS safety programs, evaluating safety concerns, and identifying solutions to continuously improve site safety.
9. Must be knowledgeable of applicable safety standards and when necessary, be able to perform and lead others in critical thinking resolutions to reduce incidents and mitigate hazards.
10. Performs security duties/projects as requested by supervisor or other management.
11. Attends all staff meetings, in-service training or other ABHS staff functions as directed/required.
12. Provides responsive, high quality service to ABHS employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
13. Must maintain a strict code of ethics regarding client/staff confidentiality, adhering to all HIPAA regulations. All client information is to be kept in strict confidentiality with communication limited to appropriate personnel.
14. Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
15. Participation in all required ABHS training.
16. Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Requires GED or high school diploma plus one year of business office experience; Mental Health or Managed Care work experience preferred.
2. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions such as safety rule, operations and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Write daily /routine reports and simple correspondence.
3. Effective written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
4. Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving, attention to detail and organizational and time management skills.
5. Demonstrate interpersonal and customer service skills with an ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
6. MS Office proficiency, including the ability to correctly operate a copier and fax machine.
7. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
8. Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance and background check.
1. At least 3 years’ experience working with Native Americans.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling
right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 75 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that my employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either me or the company.