Information Technology Specialist
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
CLASSIFICATION CODE: EXEMPT FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
REPORTS TO: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR
STATEMENT OF JOB: The Information Technology Specialist must oversee support for computers, IT networks, and IT systems. This position is responsible for following a basic knowledge of methods, practices, procedures, policies, regulations, and laws related to information technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following):
- Responsible for maintenance of a range of computer, network, and electronic health record operations support activities with a minimal degree of supervisory involvement. The employee uses independent judgment to make decisions and interpret policies and procedures to specific situations.
- Maintains agency HIPAA-compliant technology compliance program that has been outlined in the company compliance report findings.
- Provides professional interactions with technology specific vendor working relationships as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains appropriate technology systems as needed to support all business operations including accounting, human resources, training, and other systems.
- Collaborates with operational support vendors to build, maintain, and support necessary office equipment (laptops, tablets, etc.), interoffice networking, and Internet connectivity solutions in all ABHS offices or field operations.
- Responsible for peripheral equipment that can be attached to a PC, Microsoft, or Citrix server base system.
- Provides positive role model to staff, clients and community partners through leadership, self-discipline, integrity and genuine care for recovery and growth.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, associate degree preferred (major in computer science related discipline or information systems discipline preferred).
- One (1) year of experience in the Personal Computer field.
- Knowledge of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 /10 operating system.
- Microsoft Server 2008 thru 2011 operating systems.
- CITRIX operating system
- Knowledge of all peripheral equipment that can be attached to a PC or Network.
- Ability to communicate not only with co-workers but with the White Mountain Apache community and Information Technology vendors.
- Strong planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, problem-solving, time management and business analysis skills. Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance and background check.
- Experience working with Native Americans.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either the employee or the company.