Engagement Coordinator, Cool Food
Once COVID restrictions are lifted, you will be expected to work in-person in our office in DC.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the membership experience is smooth, efficient, and professionally managed. In this growing team, there will be plenty of opportunity for growth and progression for the successful candidate. Your tasks will include handling the onboarding of new members, overseeing the agreement process, generating invoices, and updating all internal tracking systems to reflect the latest stage of membership for each member. You will support project management, ensuring all deliverables are met in a timely manner. You will also work with senior engagement staff to build out the recruitment pipeline and target new organizations to get involved.
Operations/financial administration activities 40%
- Manage onboarding process for new Cool Food Pledge and Meals members
- Establish and track cooperative agreements with members and partners
- Generate invoices for annual membership/baselining fees and ensure payment, coordinating with the accounting department to track payment status
- Carry out membership renewals upon appropriate due dates for each member
- Regularly update Salesforce to ensure all members are being tracked appropriately and generate reports to share with program staff
Provide content for fundraising requests on occasion 40%:
- Project management activities
- Maintain recruitment and member milestone trackers, briefing other program staff on outstanding actions
- Enhance internal project management system (Asana) for Cool
- Food Pledge membership milestones and membership management
- Attend meetings with stakeholders and take notes on required actions, following up with the appropriate program staff when needed
- Establish onboarding process for Cool Food Meals (like that for Cool Food Pledge) and create a streamlined tracking system for new Cool Food Meals partners
- Assist with organizational tasks to support membership experience
Recruitment/Engagement activities 20%
- Support with recruitment tasks – identify cold contacts and targets for outreach on a cyclical basis Support Cool Food events (e.g., sectoral events, annual members’ event)
- Manage Cool Food email inbox and field questions to appropriate program staff Interact with and support members, problem resolution for members
- Support behavior change workshops with members
- Bachelor’s degree in business in relevant Operations, finance, etc.; relevant work experience in lieu of degree is accepted
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience Operations/finance/administrative experience desirable
- Background/experience with Experience working with Excel, Concur, ADP and Teams would be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced working environment, both independently and as part of a global team across time zones
- Highly motivated, proactive work style and excellent organizational skills Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and the Internet
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Flexible individual who can work independently and as part of a team
$47,000 - $60,000 if based in United States. Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Cool Food is a platform aimed at shifting consumers toward more climate-friendly diets. The Cool Food Pledge is a global platform that provides guidance to dining facilities to offer delicious food while reducing food related greenhouse gas emissions by 25 percent by 2030. The Cool Food Pledge helps members track the climate impact of the food they serve, develop plans to sell delicious dishes with smaller climate footprints, and promote their achievements as leaders in a growing movement.
Recent data show that in just four years, Cool Food Pledge members have reduced absolute emissions by 4.6% and by 12% per plate (pre-Covid). Cool Food Meals launched in October 2020 and is a consumer-facing campaign that identifies and badges meals that fall under an environmental threshold and meet nutritional safeguards. Panera Bread was the first restaurant chain to feature the Cool Food Meals badge on qualifying menu items, with more joining in 2021. This exciting and dynamic initiative supports WRI’s Food Program, which identifies and develops solutions to the world’s food production and consumption problems, with a view to sustainably feeding nearly 10 billion people by 2050. We identify ways to reduce food loss and waste, enable consumers to make more sustainable food choices, and advance strategies to sustainably increase food production, such as restoring degraded lands back into productivity, increasing pastureland yields, and improving land and water management.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years, and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.