Communications Co-ordinator - Transport Program, WRI India
Communications co-ordinator – Transport Program
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
The Integrated Urban Transport program at WRI India works with government and private sector stakeholders to achieve more accessible and sustainable urban transport systems in Indian cities. To better communicate the insights and impact from our research and on-ground interventions, we are looking for a motivated Communications Coordinator that will extend our influence, online media coverage and online presence.
The Communications Coordinator for the Integrated Urban Transport program will oversee the social media strategy and the communications strategies for a range of different projects under execution. You will work closely with the technical teams responsible for project execution and you will coordinate with the communications team to plan, manage, and implement communications activities to further the program objectives. You will be responsible for creating a cohesive narrative of the different pieces of work taking place under the Integrated Urban Transport program with inputs from the transport teams, across a variety of platforms including social media and other web platforms, and to target stakeholders such as government officials, external media and others who are important for the dissemination of the Transport program’s work. The person will also function as the liaison between WRI’s Transport programs across geographies.
The position is based in Bangalore, India and you will report to the Program Manager.
a communicationsplan to promote the WRI India’s Transport Program locally, regionally, and internationally. A successful candidate will be able to identify communications opportunities, develop content, and ensure timely dissemination across appropriate channels.
- Develop and maintain a calendar of events happening in India, and in which staff are participating, as well as broader Transport related events for outreach.
- Develop and maintain media lists and support the development of op-eds, articles and other pieces to be disseminated to media professionals in India and the region.
- Manage, update and curate content on relevant web platforms, and serve as the point of contact for the implementation of similar properties in the future.
- Contribute content for WRI’s media and social media channels to ensure that the work of the India Transport team is adequately represented.
- Work closely with WRI India communications staff to cross-promote content, ensure the right use of templates and design in keeping with WRI’s brand guidelines.
- Create graphics, infographics, and other digital content like videos to promote key events and publication launches.
- Create and maintain a repository of images that can be used across a variety of communications and research products.
- Maintain an editorial calendar for blogs, opinion pieces, and other articles to ensure content from the team is periodically published on WRI’s blogs and external publications.
- Perform quality control checks on all new and revised content to check for length, language, flow, and grammar in keeping with WRI’s style guide.
- Coordinate with external vendors to produce knowledge products, material required for events, program brochures, and other collaterals.
- Maintain contact lists for the program and send out periodic newsletters and other emailers.
- Participate as a core member of the India Transport team in weekly calls and other meetings and keep other WRI offices updated regularly about the work being undertaken.
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree preferred in fields such as communications or marketing.
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant professional experience working in public relations, journalism, or communications with links to sustainable development and/or other environmental issues
- Proven ability to lead the planning, coordination, and execution of communications products, influence strategies, and audience targeting
- Experience overseeing institutional social media platforms and regularly tracking analytics to inform social media outreach strategies
withcommunications planning, publications development, marketing, and other specialized communications skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce materials focused on diverse external audiences
- Experience working with reporters or members of the media (and established media contacts) preferred
- Experience with online content management systems, particularly open-source platforms such as Drupal or WordPress
- Commitment to learning about and understanding the transport and development space on an ongoing basis
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks across different teams, and take initiative to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team.
inter-personalcommunication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners
- Highly motivated, proactive work style and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively and collaboratively about all elements of communications work
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver
high qualitywork products
- Able to travel for work, as needed
Duration: One year (Extension possible based on performance)
Duration: Bangalore, India
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race,