Intern- Geo Analytics
Intern- Geo Analytics, Sustainable Cities, WRI India
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India is seeking a GeoAnalytics Intern who will be an integral member of WRI India’s Ross Centre for Sustainable Cities GeoAnalytics team and will work on a variety of data driven analyses across our core practice areas, leveraging data, information and technical expertise to make informed urban infrastructure choices and design.
The role involves working with colleagues across cohorts, providing core analytical expertise and customized visualization insights using appropriate spatial modeling tools and methods. By transforming data into actionable insights and solutions, we aim to assist our stakeholders to design solutions that enable sustainable city growth.
How your day will unfold:
Research & Analysis
- Conduct data exploration, quantitative research and provide customized analytical solutions and insights to meet project requirements
- Work with project teams to assess and organize complex data assets from a variety of sources for spatial modeling
- Develop and execute Python and Google Earth Engine scripts for data acquisition, processing, and analysis
- Advise staff and partners on geospatial analyses and visualizations on request
- Develop data visualization dashboards, interactive web-maps, storyboards that help in communicating complex data and insights into captivating visual outputs
- Prepare professional visualizations to be leveraged in presentations, publications, and online platforms
•Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Environmental Science, Earth Sciences, Geomatics, Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing or other related fields, Master’s degree preferred
•Recent graduate / 1 year of relevant work experience in the Geospatial industry
• Proficiency in GIS software including ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.x, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, Quantum GIS, MapInfo or similar
• Experience with Google Earth Engine is a strong plus
• Experience in spatial analysis and modeling (e.g., use of ArcGIS Spatial Analyst tools, Model Builder, Python scripting, SQL or equivalent)
• Experience in handling publicly available GIS datasets, crowd-sourcing platforms such as Open Street Maps and remote-sensing databases
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Delhi/Bangalore/Mumbai, India
Duration: 3-6 months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here