What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
- Checking daily accounts entries into Costpoint to include multiple business units and detailed projects as well as audit/edit invoices for accuracy
- Check accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Support the statutory and internal audit process
- Handle Petty Cash
- Research and resolve day to day issues related to Accounts Payable inquiries
- Attach payment conformation to the system
- Participate in month-end closing activities including journal entries and other analysis
- Reconciliation of assigned GL accounts
- Any additional responsibilities set by Management
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency
- Obtain quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management.
- Check completed work by contractors and vendors
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives.
B.com in Accounting experience and facilities management
- Working knowledge in SAP or Deltek or any other software based accounting system other than tally will be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, especially revenue recognition for non-profits with knowledge of FCRA will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles and ability to work independently and make financial decisions with ease
- Excellent organizational skills and with self-initiative skill will be preferred
- Strong quantitative, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solver and trouble shooter with variable problem-solving abilities
- Computer skills: advanced proficiency in spreadsheets, Excel (Graphs, Marcos, and Pivot Tables) and MSOffice applications
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate accounting to non-accountants
- Working knowledge of procurement and contracts
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 1 Year
Location: Mumbai, India
Start date: At the earliest
To Apply :
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.