Food System (Partnership of Biodiversity and Finance) Research Analyst, China Food and Nature Resources Program
World Resources Institute China Office (WRI China) is seeking a Research Analyst for the Food and Natural Resources Program. This position will contribute to the research and engagement on sustainable food consumption projects as well as the coordination of Partnership of Biodiversity and Finance (PBF).
- Conduct research and analysis on policies and practices in the areas of food system with a focus on food consumption (e.g. food and health, nutrition, reduce food loss and waste) as well as the food system and its linkage to climate and biodiversity agendas.
- Coordinate the Partnership of Biodiversity and Finance (PBF).
- Working together with WRI Global teams and WRI China teams, draft or co-draft WRI knowledge products in both English and Chinese, and coordinate publication process.
- Prepare communications materials and products of the projects.
- Organize external events, workshops, conferences, and other project dissemination or capacity-building activities.
- Assist in administrative and project management as needed.
- Support fundraising-related work of the program.
- Support other activities as needed.
- Master’s degree in agriculture/food/nature resources/ biodiversity/environment or related fields. PhD degree is a plus.
- Minimum three years of highly relevant and full-time work experience in agriculture/ food/ biodiversity related fields. Experiences on food and biodiversity finance related work is a plus.
- Strong quantitative research, analytical, writing, and presentation skills, preferably with publication experience.
- Ability to work well in a team, manage multiple priorities, take initiative, and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment, with good work ethics.
- Detail-oriented, positive, enthusiastic, and innovative in facing challenges, opportunities and new tasks.
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally.
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin and English.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal (www.wri.org/careers) to be considered. Both Chinese and English resumes are required. Please include a cover letter with your application.
The final candidate will be required to take a writing test.
Reporting: WRI China Food and Natural Resources Program Director
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Beijing, China
Application Deadline: ASAP till filled.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world overcomes this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
What we offer
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years, and our operating budget is nearing $200 million.
Our values and mission
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.