Intern - Electric Mobility
Intern- Electric Mobility
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
How your day will unfold:
- Secondary research on Baseline study of EVs and gender in transport in India including and not restricted to:
- Support the engagement with partners and agencies
- Support the team on events, capacity building activities – coordination with participants, venue management, follow-ups, etc.
- Scientifically collating information. Coordinate with govt agencies, experts, civil society on qualitative data collection and stakeholder consultations.
- Communicating research findings in diverse formats suitable for stakeholders in government, private and non-government sectors, with a focus on influencing policy and practice.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Education: Pursuing post graduate degree in public policy, urban or transport planning, environmental studies, or related fields
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a requirement
- Proficiency in GIS would be an added advantage
- Good working knowledge of electric vehicle segment, public transport, gender and planning theory
- General awareness of environment and climate domain – key issues, events, and updates
- Ability to reach out to stakeholders and strong communication skills
- Excellent/ Strong research, interpersonal/ written skills
- Comfort with quantitative data/analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure
- Ability to think creatively
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, India
Duration: 3 months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.