WRI Mexico is seeking a dynamic, assertive, detail-oriented, and highly organized Finance Manager who will ensure that WRI Mexico’s financial, accounting, management and budgeting systems, as well as its processes and policies, meet the organization´s operations and programs requirements. We require excellent attention to detail, knowledge of nonprofit operations, good understanding of team dynamics, strong time and priority management abilities and an optimistic outlook. This is an excellent position for someone seeking to gain experience in financial and project management in an elite environmental research and analysis organization lauded for its subject matter expertise and operational transparency
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Manager role focuses on the optimization and compliance of all financial activities and information regarding WRI Mexico. He or she will work across departments and teams to come up with efficient budgeting and control processes and support managers on project budgets and controls.
This is a full-time position and will require a strong command of English.
The Finance Manager's main areas of responsibility will include the following:
- Coordinate on project budget management and financial reporting.
- Develop budgets in our systems in collaboration with Strategic Alliance and technical staff for new grant proposals.
- Assist project team in project closeout process including turnover documentation and
- Support proposal budgeting.
- Assist and review detailed financial reports for submission to external funders as needed.
- Helping steward all grants related documentation and processes.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing periodic financial reports.
- Plan and manage all operational policies, functions, processes and procedures for WRI Mexico related to finance.
- Implement, manage and maintain integrated financial systems and processes to promote financial operations effectiveness and compliance, to enable proper budget, financial, and accounting management
- In coordination with WRI (US) Finance team, provide accurate and timely financial reporting in compliance with the organization’s requirements, and with Mexican law.
- Assist Finance Director to develop, implement and manage a financial planning and forecasting process, both income and expenditures, actual and forecast, to be in line with WRI´s procedures, requirements and timelines.
- Support the Finance Director in developing and implementing an annual budget for the organization.
- Responsible for oversight of accounts payable, including policies, processes, and timely execution.
- Oversee process for accounts payable and ensure there is valid supporting documentation
- At least 5 years of experience in similar position (financial process, budget management forecasting and analysis) with minimum 2 years experience in managerial or team leader capacity
- Proven financial and budgeting experience
- Masters degree in related field (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of reporting methodologies and skilled particularly in the use of database, excel spreadsheets and pivot tables
- Working knowledge of non-profit international organizations (highly desirable)
- Fluent in both written and spoken English (mandatory)
- Values people and strong team player
- Ability to tackle emerging issues with a collaborative approach
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and have the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality, timelines, and organizational systems
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including high level of comfort with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), web-based communications (Skype, GoToMeeting), with CRM database (esp. Salesforce) and budgeting systems (Microsoft Cognos/TM1) preferred.