Lead – Stakeholder Outreach and Engagement
Lead – Stakeholder Outreach and Engagement – WRI India
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
WRI-India is looking for a dynamic and result oriented candidate to lead its stakeholder engagement and outreach needs. Among the key responsibilities of this position is to network and establish strong connections with various stakeholders with a view to communicate WRI India’s research insights to them, as also involve them in WRI India’s efforts. The responsibilities will require stakeholder mapping, developing robust contact lists, follow up with various stakeholder’s, etc. in coordination with the office of WRI India’s CEO’s, the Director of Communications, and all other program and function leads in WRI India.
The lead will also work closely with the WRI global office to determine program direction and priorities.
- Identify key stakeholders that would influence or be able to take forward WRI India’s work
- Develop and nurture relationships by designing and implementing strategic engagement plans
- Serve as the key contact for WRI India’s key champions, and manage these relationships effectively
- Provide feedback to WRI India’s CEO, as well as program and function leads, on the emerging priorities of different stakeholders
- Work with WRI India’s research, program and communications teams to ensure our research is relevant, timely, and understandable for decision makers
- Respond to ‘influencer/champions’ requests for information, and help schedule meetings with key decision makers as needed
- Provide engagement briefings on a regular basis to WRI India leadership outlining our existing influence efforts, and upcoming opportunities
- Participate in conference calls and meetings to expand understanding of partnerships and network.
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field, or a seasoned professional with atleast 10 years of experience in engagement, public relations and outreach.
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently and with the highest standards of integrity
- Experience working with international stakeholders and facilitating high-level engagement as a public affairs, journalism or public policy professional
- Proven ability to lead and manage convenings and events. Prior experience in event design and coordination with influential speakers will be an added advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Flexible and capable of working with minimal direction and supervision
- Polished and professional communication skills for external correspondence with different stakeholders
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient candidate
- Commitment to WRI India’s mission of inclusive green growth and partnership
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines and competing demands
The direct reporting manager would be the Director of Communications in WRI India. However, there would also be reporting lines to the CEO of WRI India and the Strategic engagement Manager of WRI’s Global office.
Location: New Delhi, India
Potential Salary: 20,00,000 to 24,00,000 INR
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.