Associate - Graphic Designer
Associate - Graphic Designer
Who we are what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
WRI India Communications team, based in New Delhi, Bengaluru and Mumbai, oversees the strategy and outreach for the Institute in support of WRI India’s leadership, program teams, and centers. Communications is crucial to WRI India’s success at achieving rapid, systemic changes.
About your role:
As a designer, you will support the sustainable cities team and the communications team at WRI India. The position requires someone who is creative, is a strong visual artist, and is meticulous and enthusiastic. An interest in urban issues and an ability to learn on the go is highly desirable.
How your day will unfold:
- Understanding WRI India brand guidelines and adapting them to deliver design projects in the most effective manner.
- Working on design projects for -
- Print: Brochures, reports, newsletters and infographics
- Digital: Social media graphics, simple GIFs and videos, interactive presentations and website graphics
- Events: Collaterals for events such as backdrop, standees, posters, booklets, flyers, leaflets, books, calendars, invitation cards and merchandise
Qualifications and requirements we seek:
- Master’s Degree/Bachelor’s degree in design/communications is preferred.
- A minimum 3 years of demonstrable experience with reputable companies or projects.
- Strong graphic design skills on Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign are compulsory.
- Well versed in presentation applications such as Power Point.
- Additional skill sets in basic video editing, photo documentation and template-based software such as Canva will be appreciated.
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong communication skills, including written and oral communications.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Salary and Benefits: 6,50,000 INR to 7,50,000 INR CTC Per annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 1 year as term hire (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi, India
Start date: As soon as possible
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
- Resume along with one professional reference.
- A brief description of why you consider yourself as the most suitable for the assignment;
- At least five examples of completed design projects that cover print, events and digital design work.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.