We are seeking a Communications Assistant to expand WRI’s outreach and profile in China. This position will work closely with the Communications Officer and program staff in China and the central communication team in Washington, DC to enhance the institute’s work. It requires a broad range of professional communication skills, including writing, editing, translating, content development, event management, social media, etc. The position will be based in Beijing, but requires some domestic and international travels.
Branding Promotion & Communication coordination:
- Support online & offline activities to promote WRI’s banding together with program teams (Cities, Climate & Energy, Sustainable Investment, Food & Natural Resources), including media invitations, production of event materials, post-event feedback survey and other events logistics.
- Provide administrative support for Communications team, including meeting coordination with programs, social media platform management, travel arrangement, etc.
- Oversee the development of communication materials, including contracting translators, designers, and printing house, to ensure timely and high-quality production of materials.
Writing & editing:
- Support program teams to write and edit press releases, online articles, brochures, and other communication materials.
- Review programmatic materials and support the program teams to ensure that they are written and presented in a way that is consistent with WRI’s quality standards.
- Support program teams to write and edit materials for distribution to news media, including press releases, advisories, fact sheets, quote sheets, etc.
- Master’s degree or higher in communications, media science, international relations or other related fields.
- Two to three years of experience in similar capacity.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and passionate to work with people across all levels and with different cultures.
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and values.
- Prior engagement on environmental and/or international development focus area is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, and other collaborative work platforms.
- Expertise in multimedia production, like video edition, photography and graphic design will be a plus.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills
Duration: Full-time regular
Location: Beijing, China
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open till filled
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.