Program Manager - Freight Policy
Program Manager - Freight Policy
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
WRI India is seeking a Senior Program Associate in its freight vertical of the Integrated Transport program. The candidate will contribute to the team's work on developing a progressive and practical policy roadmap to further the agenda decarbonizing road freight in India. This will include developing policy interventions covering all areas including supply, demand, financing, incentives, etc. to inform the government's thinking in identifying policy levers to trigger the development and uptake of freight decarbonization in the country.
How your day will unfold:
• Lead the thinking and development of a policy roadmap for decarbonizing road freight in India.
• Undertake secondary and primary analysis of data and literature to assimilate existing policies and initiatives of the government.
• Scan approaches undertaken by other geographies to attain similar objectives and assess learnings and applicability in the Indian context.
• Build a nuanced understanding of the freight sector in India, decarbonization commitments, approach and activity by the private and public sector and its challenges.
• Lead engagement with different stakeholders including government authorities, private enterprises, academia, peer research organizations and think tanks, financiers and other stakeholders to capture demand and supply activity, expectations and sentiments towards decarbonizing freight.
• Organize stakeholder consultations in the form of roundtables, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Generate literature (like blogs/op-eds/case studies, etc.) to demonstrate thought leadership of WRI India in this space.
• Management of donor relations, deliverables and timelines
Qualifications and requirements we seek:
• At least 7 to 10 years of experience in policy analysis, freight transport and electric technologies. Prior work or understanding of freight or electrification or both is preferable.
• Master’s degree in policy/economics/business education or a related field
• Should be able to work independently with little oversight. Contribute to knowledge development of team members.
• Must demonstrate good writing skills, analytical thinking, good presentation and research skills.
• Must be a self-starter, work well in teams and exhibit humility and willingness to learn.
Salary and Benefits: INR 15,00,000 to INR 18,00,000 CTC
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Mumbai, India
Duration: 18 Months (Extendable based on performance and project requirements)
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing samples
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.