Postdoctoral Fellow (Air Quality)
Postdoctoral Fellow (Air Quality), Sustainable Cities Team
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for air quality monitoring, data analysis, source identification, air pollution dispersion, emissions inventory development, receptor modeling, data collection from the primary and secondary sources, and technical writing for cities in India and general. The candidate will work closely with air quality experts.
The candidate will be required to independently design the study, data collection, analysis, and scientific research paper writing.
The candidate will handle a range of responsibilities. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Research design, Air quality data analysis, source apportionment study, development of emissions inventory, root cause analysis of air pollution
- Technical reports and paper writing
- Liaise with experts in India, global experts, and researchers to facilitate the development of high-quality research and pilot design
Qualifications and Requirements
- D. in Environmental Engineering/Civil Engineering/Atmospheric Sciences/Aerosol Science/Physics/Climate Sciences or a related quantitative field.
- Strong background in atmospheric science, air quality sampling, air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing/measurement.
- Full-time work experience (optional) with knowledge and use of air quality instruments is desirable after/during Ph.D. International work/study experience will be valuable
- Demonstrated exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing, with English fluency.
Candidates will be required to produce a writing sample.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment for the post is for two years. The appointment will initially be for one year. Renewal will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
Location: Delhi, India
Start date: At the earliest
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.