On-line applications are required.
In the event of technical difficulties, please email Jie.email@example.com with your resume and cover letter, Jie will help you to submit on-line.
We are seeking a Communications Assistant to expand WRI’s outreach and profile in China. This position will work closely with the Communications Officer and program staff in China and the central communication team in Washington, DC to enhance the institute’s work. It requires a broad range of professional communication skills, including writing, editing, translating, content development, event management, social media, etc. The position will be based in Beijing, but requires some domestic and international travels.
Programmatic communication strategies:
- Work closely with program teams (cities, climate, energy, finance, water, and others) to support design and deliver effective and impactful communications strategies, plans and activities.
Writing & editing:
- Support program teams to write and edit press releases, online articles, brochures, and other communication materials.
- Support program teams to write and edit materials for distribution to news media, including press releases, advisories, fact sheets, quote sheets, etc.
WRI China website maintenance and online communications:
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance the visibilities of WRI China’s social media outlets.
- Work closely with program teams to develop contents and update social media outlets.
Publication, quality control and translations:
- Review programmatic materials and support the program teams to ensure that they are written and presented in a way that is consistent with WRI’s quality standards.
- Oversee the development of communication materials, including contracting translators, designers, and printing house, to ensure timely and high-quality production of materials.
- Support programmatic communication activities and events, including arranging and sending out media invitations and overseeing the design and production of event materials.
- Provide photo support to China program teams.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Three to four years of experience in similar capacity.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and passionate to work with people across all levels and with different cultures.
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and values.
- Prior engagement on environmental and/or international development focus area is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, and other collaborative work platforms.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills
Duration: Full-time regular
Location: Beijing, China
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open till filled
Please submit your application before Aug 15！