Consultant for System Developer
About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is a national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country focusing on forests and land use
The overall objective of the One Map Initiative is to transform land use decision-making processes to be open, accountable, and participatory. WRI Indonesia will achieve this through catalyzing a unified and transparent land use planning and monitoring system that is accessible to all land use stakeholders. Through
To this end, WRI Indonesia is currently supporting one of our key
The Plantation Database Consultant will be based in Jakarta to support the One Map initiative team in developing the platform. He/she will assist the team in providing strategic technical and operational support to operationalize the platform, engage with key stakeholders, collect users input to improve user experience and reliability of the
The consultant will report to WRI Indonesia Sustainable Commodities and Business
The consultant main areas of responsibility will include the following:
System developer technical works (70%)
- Provide expertise on Information Technology (IT) and Information Management System (IMS) to support the development of plantation licenses platform;
- Analyze various user requirements based on project needs;
- Main developer of web-based platforms, including website(s) and the related data infrastructure, features, spatial and statistical analysis, and other functions;
- Conduct rapid business needs analysis towards effective and efficient IMS to accelerate the implementation of the platform;
- Integrate existing platforms to work together;
- Developing technical notes and user guidelines;
- Review the quality and quantity of the data submitted to the platform;
- Actively contributing to the development of the platform, including its user experience and system reliability.
Stakeholders engagement (30%)
- Engage with key stakeholder of the platform (mainly national government agency and private sector) to better understand the need of the users and improve the platform;
- Plan and conduct users training in key provinces, together with WRI Indonesia commodities team;
- Provide general support to WRI Indonesia One Map initiative team working on the platform as needed.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia;
- Bachelor degree in a related field, preferably with coursework in information technology, system analyst, web design and programming, web-GIS/geoportal development, and/or information management system;
- Minimum four years of professional working experience in the field of IT and IMS as well as able to demonstrate skills and knowledge to perform this assignment professionally;
- Minimum three years of experience in web programming, both in front and back-end environment;
- Minimum two years of experience in developing and managing database and information management system;
- Minimum two years of experience working with local governments, civil societies and/or the private sectors entities;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and systematic individual with strong time management skills;
- Ability to communicate ideas and concept to
widerange of audience.
- Understanding of, and experience in several CMS frameworks;
- Understanding of, and able to develop
- Understanding of, and experience in database development using MySQL and PostgreSQL/PostGIS;
- Understanding of, and experience in
server sideprogramming using PHP, Python, and MVC concept;
- Understanding of, and experience in web-based GIS framework such as OpenGeo, GeoNode/GeoShape, Cartoview and/or Leaflet/OpenLayers, d3, HighCharts. Familiarity with GIS Server such as ArcGIS Server, GeoServer, and/or MapServer;
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Shiny, Tableau and Google Charts;
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
.Understandingof, and able to design and setup server and network, including server and network architecture design, software, and/or LINUX operating system;
- Fluency in Indonesian and English.
Final candidates will be required to take a writing test. Also required to produce two writing samples
Consultant rate The rate is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants should apply online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 25 January 2019. We will close the advert earlier when best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Work plans are expected to be carried out in
timelyand satisfactory fashion with minor supervision;
- Must be capable of setting priorities;
- Ability to work well with internal and external participants;
- Ability to work well in group/team as well as working individually;
- Ability & willingness to do business travel to meet project goals.
- Monthly report of the project progress;
- Recommendations on platform improvement;
- Users training for companies and government in key priority provinces;