Intern- Air Quality, Sustainable Cities
Intern- Air Quality, Sustainable Cities
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your Role:
Under the Surat Clean Air Action Plan, one of the identified sectors is Construction contributing to air pollution in Surat city. WRI India is taking a pilot study with CREDAI Surat to mitigate construction emissions at source (construction site). Hence, WRI India is seeking 02 interns to work on air quality monitoring and data analysis of construction emissions at site in Surat.
WRI India requires a self-motivated, smart, detail oriented and highly organized individual. This is a position for someone seeking to work in air quality management.
How Your day will unfold:
The candidate will handle a range of responsibilities. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
• To carry out Air Quality monitoring (collection of data through regulatory grade and low-cost instruments), air quality data analysis.
• To carry out primary surveys on traffic and road (dust load) characteristics across Surat city, helping in development of road dust emission inventory.
• To support the team in all field air pollution monitoring, measurement, and activity data collection.
• To support the team on events and capacity building activities.
• Technical report and paper writing.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
• Master’s degree in a Science subject (Environmental Science/Environmental Engineering preferable), with experience/interest in air quality monitoring are encouraged to apply.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
• Good writing and communication skills.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global workplace.
• A flexible individual who can work independently, with little direction and supervision.
• Strong analytical capabilities.
• Interns need to bring their own laptops and arrange for internet in field (for basic communication).
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Surat, India
Duration: 2-4 months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here