Manager - Finance & Accounting
MAnager – Finance & Accounting
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 400 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide significant support to the Operations team in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the India office. The job would involve analyzing financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, Balance sheet, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare costs to actual costs.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences by adjusting journal entries and establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Analyze program operations, trends, costs, grants, financial commitments, and obligations to donors.
- Report to management regarding the finances of programs by developing, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems. Provide advice on tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying forecasts.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements. Represent institute before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues. Provide internal and external auditing services for Program.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping and direct their work activities. Support operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to Institutional and financial problems.
Qualifications and Requirements
- CA or an MBA finance degree.
- At least 9-14 years full time work experience in financial management
- Should have proficient knowledge about GST and TDS Filings, PT Returns and Filings.
- In-depth understanding of Taxes, cash flow management, bank reconciliation, and bookkeeping.
- Bring high levels of intellect and experience coupled with the character and presence to make an immediate contribution to the institute
- Hands-on experience with cost flow, Audits and risk management
- Strategic thinker and has eye for details.
- Experience in working in a NGO and knowledge of FCRA would be beneficial.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
Duration: Full-time regular
Location: Mumbai, India
Start date: As soon as possible
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only select applicants will be called for interview purpose. `
Established in 1982, WRI is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization respected globally by policymakers, non-governmental organizations, and corporate leaders.
WRI’s reputation is grounded in its excellent analysis, non-partisan approach, and high-impact results. We measure our success based on how our work helps to create real-world change on the ground—and approach we call “Managing for Results.”
WRI’s work is united by and driven by our values: Innovation, Integrity, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI fosters a culture of innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. WRI employees are driven by the organization’s mission and have the satisfaction of helping to create a more prosperous and healthy planet.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.