P4G Summit Consultant
This position is a limited-term position for one year located in Vietnam.
WRI intends to award a consultant a one-year contract to support the P4G Secretariat and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Vietnam with coordination of the P4G Summit to be held in Vietnam in 2025. This work will entail a combination of engagement, communications, and meeting and event coordination activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding or prior experience working with the government in Vietnam and public-private stakeholder engagement. The consultant must have current and valid authorization to work in Vietnam and must comply with local employment laws.
P4G - Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 - contributes to green and inclusive growth in low- and middle-income countries by helping early-stage climate businesses become investment-ready and supporting national climate platform connections in food, water and energy systems. Hosted by World Resources Institute and funded by Denmark, the Netherlands and the Republic of Korea, P4G partner countries include Colombia, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, Indonesia and Vietnam.
P4G provides grants and technical assistance to early-stage climate businesses within a broader partnership to improve their investor readiness. All partnerships are aligned with national priorities as defined in the NDCs and coordinated by each of P4G’s nine P4G National Platforms – multistakeholder platforms co-chaired by high-level representatives from the public and private sector. The Vietnam National Platform is co-chaired by the Vietnam Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The partnerships and the National Platforms engage together on sector specific policy and regulatory changes to promote business growth. P4G captures and mobilizes knowledge around these public-private pathways to increase the flow of global climate finance to local climate businesses.
The P4G Summit is a biennial event hosted by a P4G partner country to mobilize global leaders from the public and private sector to accelerate the deployment of climate finance to low- and middle-income countries, accelerate promising climate businesses, and drive enabling policies to advance a just transition to a net zero future. Past Summit hosts have included Denmark (2018), the Republic of Korea (2021) and Colombia (2023).
Scope of Work
This position will initially be part time for up to 20 hours a week before moving to a full-time position of 40 hours of work per week at least 9 months before the Summit. The successful candidate will report to the P4G Secretariat.
The consultant will manage processes for the P4G summit in Vietnam in 2025 by serving as coordination lead and primary focal point between entities in the Summit organizing committee.
What you will do:
- Lead summit program development and promotion (60%)
- Represent the P4G Hub at all in country meetings relating to the summit
- Assist the Summit Organizing Committee with preparations for the P4G Vietnam summit, leading in country preparations on behalf of the P4G Hub
- Share information about current P4G operations, national platforms and partnerships, as well as past summit programs and past summit learning with relevant summit stakeholders in Vietnam to improve the understanding and inclusion of key P4G design elements into the Summit. The Summit Organizing Committee leads the overall summit planning and coordination and comprises inter-ministerial and private sector stakeholders.
- Engage with public, private and civil society entities in Vietnam to ensure the program and audience meets the overall summit and P4G objectives.
- Work with the P4G Secretariat to develop an invitation list of relevant summit attendees, including the P4G network, youth and entrepreneurs.
- Coordinate with P4G country partner embassies in Vietnam to leverage their networks for pre-summit and summit events.
- Support the Summit Organizing Committee by preparing the summit program and supporting materials including i.e., concept notes for the overall summit and individual summit sessions.
- Ensure P4G priorities are properly represented by drafting agendas, talking points, and other useful materials for Vietnam.
- Support summit communications by serving as the central liaison between the P4G communications team and the communications team at the Summit Organizing Committee and facilitate collaboration on materials such as summit messaging, website and press conferences.
- Summit logistics coordination (30%)
- Support the management of a central speaker list in collaboration with the Summit Organizing Committee.
- Once the host city and/or cities are selected, work with the Summit Organizing Committee on reviewing logistical considerations such as venue space, accommodations, catering, side-events to Summit (such as concerts, exhibitions), etc.
- Support the Summit Organizing Committee on room allocation within the summit venue.
- Support the P4G Secretariat with accommodation, transportation and meeting space coordination for its network by serving as the central liaison with onsite vendors.
- Support summit communications by identifying video and photography crews for the summit and serving as the central liaison with local vendors.
- Translate limited summit documents as required.
- Meeting coordination (10%)
- Organize, with the orientation and under supervision of the Summit chair, meetings of the Summit Organizing Committee which includes event logistics, agenda setting, invitations, note-taking and follow-up on next steps.
- Manage communications between those in the Summit Organizing Committee to approve key items such as the Summit theme, location selection, Summit responsibilities, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred i.e., international development, finance, business administration, development studies, environmental studies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, working with the private sector or government on stakeholder management
- Experience engaging with government and private sector leaders in Vietnam
- Excellent communications and organizational skills required
- Excellent language skills in both Vietnamese and English in written and oral communications required
- Experience working in challenging, cross-sectoral, multi-cultural environments and ability to work independently are a must
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collegially with others and with the highest standards of integrity
- Strong project management skills required with the ability to be flexible
- Strong leadership skills a must with the ability to implement and delegate effectively
- Strong strategic planning skills and ability to apply external contexts into effective summit program development and implementation
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume/CV. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.