Project Associate, Long term strategies: Climate Compatible Growth
Long term strategies: Climate Compatible Growth – Climate
What is WRII?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
WRI India is seeking a qualified full-time consultant to support the Climate team with a study that aims to analyze how India can feasibly reduce its emissions across key sectors towards long-term climate compatible growth. This position will support development of global and sectoral carbon budgets as well as sectoral roadmaps and milestones, in an effort to develop long-term low-carbon growth pathways for India that align with temperature targets.
The consultant will do literature review, collect data, conduct consultations and workshops with experts and policymakers, undertake quantitative analysis and document the analysis in a comprehensive publication. The consultant should have an excellent understanding of energy/climate landscape in the country, experience of working with stakeholders, prior energy/economic modeling/forecasting experience, and demonstrated experience in working with large datasets.
- Organize and conduct workshops, consultations and interviews with experts and policymakers
- Coordinate with project manager and partners to carry out quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Contribute to working papers/reports resulting from the study.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in engineering or economics
- At least 3-5 years of experience in energy or GHG emissions or economics modelling is required
- Familiarity with India’s energy systems and climate policy is a requirement
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is a requirement
- Experience with conducting stakeholder consultations is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure and manage multiple tasks.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: 18 Months
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
Only Qualified applicants should apply by sending across the following :
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae of no more than 2 A4 sized pages detailing academic and relevant experience.
- A sample of research based writing that demonstrates analytical capabilities. This could be a paper or a dissertation chapter.
- A 2-4 page summary of the above sample of research based writing targeted for a general (non-technical) audience.
- Names and contact details of three referees who can attest to the capabilities of the applicant.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.