Consultant for Monitoring and Data Management
WRI Indonesia is an independent research organization dedicated to contributing to the socioeconomic development of Indonesia in an inclusive and sustainable way. Our work is focused on six main areas: forests, climate, energy, cities, transportation, governance, as well as the ocean. We turn big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being.
WRI Indonesia represents the World Resources Institute’s activities across Indonesia and the region. We work to increase our global impact by fostering innovative partnerships & sharing our research findings in the region and ensuring that WRI learns from Indonesia's insights and experience in development and environmental protection. We also actively engage with bilateral donors, foundations, Indonesia Institutions, and other partners to mobilize funding to support our work.
WRI Indonesia is seeking a consultant for Monitoring and Data Management with excellent project monitoring, database collection, and knowledge management skills to support WRI Indonesia’s growing portfolio in forest and land use, climate, cities energy, and ocean. The Monitoring, Reporting, and Data Management Consultant will support the Organization’s monitoring and knowledge management system.
The Monitoring, Reporting and Data Management Consultants will report directly to the Head of M&E and Deputy Program Director of WRI Indonesia to implement the comprehensive monitoring and database framework by capturing and collecting the baseline data, and project documents, collecting and maintaining supporting documents, ensuring the data are updated and stored effectively. She/he will work closely with Program Manager and program leads to monitor and advance the progress of WRI projects.
The position will be based in Jakarta with the option to work in a hybrid model
What You Will Do
Monitoring, data management, and knowledge management
- Provide assistance to the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in operationalizing a monitoring and learning system for the grant.
- Monitor the project implementation, and assist the project in performing the outcome in line with measurement framework and tools at the national, district, and sub-district level
- Updating the online project monitoring system to provide progress updates and project implementation planning.
- Provide support in generating knowledge and or lessons learned from WRI projects.
- Collect the data for results based on indicators and targets that have been developed by project teams;
- Verify and document progress toward deliverables, milestones and result through the M&E system
- Work closely with technical staff and field staff to collect the data of project implementation and ensure maintenance of accuracy, relevance, integrity, and timeliness of data collected to verify the project progress and achievement.
- Responsible for managing data including project documentation, knowledge product, and another product produced by the project.
- Contributing to cross-programs monitoring and evaluation support for the WRI Indonesia office;
- Coordination with other WRI staff in maintaining the WRI Indonesia data storage system.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Community Development, Monitoring, and Reporting, or related subjects.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Demonstrated experience in the monitoring and data management of development programs.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles.
- Good experience in quantitative and qualitative research including collection, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Demonstrated experience in making work plans and reports.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles, particularly the management of data, qualitative tools, and evidence-based reporting.
- Having competency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a good track record to work effectively in a team with different cultures and professions to achieve expected objectives.
- Good in communication in Bahasa or English.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- Ability to get involved and build good relationships with government institutions and other stakeholders
- Ability to meet a deadline and work under pressure.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and motivation to achieve expected results.
- Weekly update status on the development of knowledge management system and monitoring system for WRI.
- Completion of collection of WRI ongoing project database including the project document, logical framework, project reports, knowledge product, and communication products.
- Updating WRI projects status in the WRI system including the devresult system
- Generate knowledge and or lessons learned from WRI projects that contribute to the development of tacit knowledge or institutional knowledge within the Organization.
The works will be conducted within 6 (six) months with the possibility of extension subject to the working progress and individual performance evaluation.
Terms of Payment
Daily-rate-based consultant with a maximum of 18 (eighteen) working days per month.
Individual consultancy contract (Part-time, limited-term)
What we offer:
- Consultant rate that is commensurate with experience and skills
- Travel insurance for both domestic and international for any travel duty as assigned by WRI Indonesia
- Access to the WRI global network
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
How to apply: In order to be formally considered, please submit an updated resume and cover letter through WRI career portal.
Application close: 17.00 (DKI Jakarta local time), 5 June 2023. We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia, and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environmental and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, gender diverse communities, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
WRI Indonesia is a national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI works with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.