Help Desk Support Analyst I
This position will be hybrid and office based in Delhi, India; WRI Global Office (US). Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission. WRI is unable to sponsor any visa work sponsorship for this position.
About the Program:
WRI's Operations department strives to make all global offices fully capable and low risk, enhancing their operational capabilities, establishing sustainable growth through a bond of mutual respect, collaboration and sharing knowledge across the sisterhood of WRI offices. This is done by targeting upon standards of performance, measuring the efficiency and effectiveness for the sisterhood of offices.
You will report to Help Desk Analyst, Operations.
You will be based in Delhi office and provide Tier I & Tier II support in a high volume capacity responding to calls among a small team. The Global IT Team will support you.
What will you do:
Escalation Management (25% of time):
- Leverage Endpoint Manager/Autopilot
- Escalate priority support issues to senior staff and/ or corporate technology groups
- Collect and forward all relevant information prior to escalation to allow senior staff to operate efficiently
- Maintain a positive working relationship with business lines and other departments
Networking & Troubleshooting (50% of time):
- Prioritize and schedule work as necessary to maintain department service level agreements
- Maintain and monitor department mailbox
- Update and maintain cases in a timely fashion
- PC hardware and software procurement
- Basic networking skills and troubleshooting
- Wireless and remote connectivity troubleshooting
- Works within a small or large systems team and contributes independently
- Understands roles and responsibilities within the team
Technical Documentation (25% of time):
- Writes clear and concise technical documents.
- Enhances team productivity by helping others
- Provides technical supervision on small projects
- Working well with both internal and external group teams
What will you need:
- Education: You have a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Experience: You have 2+ years of relevant, full-time work experience in the application support, supporting users in a remote/help desk environment
- Experience in endpoint/workstation experience – Dell preferred
- Experience in support Windows 10/11 in a corporate environment
- Experience in support MS Outlook
- Experience in support MS o365 suite desktop/web apps
- Experience in Azure/Endpoint Manager experience
- Must be team oriented and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task effectively while working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Certifications are a plus – Microsoft preferred
- Languages: Full fluency in English required and second language preferred
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization
Potential Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of November 27, 2023. You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI
- Commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence and Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment; we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.