Associate - Accounting & Reporting
Associate - ACCOUNTING & Reporting
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being. The India Resources Trust has a licence from WRI to use the trademark “WRI India”.
WRI India has the capacity to convene important partners, and create strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organisations, institutes and NGOs, to expand solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation. Over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
You will provide support to the Operations team in streamlining current practices and identifying solutions to the India office. The job would involve analysing financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, balance sheet, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organisation.
About your role
- Actively manage the Bank payments and receipts, Bank compliance and other documentation
- Verify the staff expenses and reimbursement.
- Update accounts payable and performs reconciliations.
- Participate in month-end closing activities, including journal entries and other analysis.
- Manage and review Consultant/ Vendors contracts.
- Check completed work by contractors and vendors.
- Report to manager regarding the finances of programmes by developing, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems. Provide advice on tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying forecasts.
- Ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements. If required, represent the Trust before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues, provide internal and external auditing services for Program.
- Coordination with employees and larger operations Team to ensure efficient Accounting.
- Timesheet and Expense system management
- Help draft forms and manuals for accounting, bookkeeping and support operations to explore solutions to Institutional and financial problems.
- Analysing the accounting issues/ queries and discussing with reporting manager and providing solutions with the accounting firm
- Support operations to explore solutions to Institutional and financial problems. Prepare accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences by adjusting journal entries and establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Any additional responsibilities set by Reporting Manager
Qualifications and requirements we seek
- CA Inter or M. Com or MBA finance degree.
- At least 2-4 years full time work experience in financial management
Have proficient knowledge about FCRA and TDS Filings, PT Returns and Filings.
Proficient communicate with multiple Partners at different levels within and outside the organisation.
Experience with accounting structure
Understanding of Taxes, cash flow management, bank reconciliation, and bookkeeping.
Bring high levels of and experience coupled with the character and presence to make an immediate contribution to the institute.
And has eye for details.
Experience working in a NGO and knowledge of FCRA would be beneficial.
Location: Mumbai, India
Duration: 1 year (Extendable)
Salary Range: INR 800000-900000
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the center of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Health & Nutrition: Personalized diet recommendation from a certified dietitian based on the physical health condition and lifestyle
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.