Financial Project Coordinator
Financial Project Coordinator
Fundación WRI Colombia is seeking a dynamic, assertive, detail-oriented, and highly organized Project Coordinator based in Colombia. We require excellent attention to detail, knowledge of nonprofit operations, good understanding of team dynamics, strong time and priority management abilities and an optimistic outlook. This is an excellent position for someone seeking to gain experience in financial and project management in an elite environmental research and Analysis organization lauded for its subject matter expertise and operational transparency.
- This is a full-time position and will require a strong command of English.
- Regularly reviews, updates, and monitors all transactions, commitments, and revenue prospects for all team projects
- Update and maintain project budgets utilizing WRI’s budgeting and forecasting software (TM1) in close Coordination with WRI-Global and WRI México
- Update and maintain project funding and allocations in coordination with local and global project managers
- Coordinates and advises team monthly on budget management and supplies financial reports
- Develop fiscal year budget forecasts on a yearly basis in coordination with operations and project managers
- Follows WRI’s internal processes and deadlines related to funding, including quarterly reviews, monthly & annual closeouts, and future fiscal year annual budget submission
- Supports the payment processes for projects in compliance with established local governance
- Prepares and supports financial reports, under local supervision
- Supports financial auditing documentation (organize and tag invoices, supporting documents, reports)
- Provides guidance to partner organizations and consultants to ensure their compliance with funder policies, while proactively and professionally communicating with partners and consultant
- Work in coordination with local accounting team in terms of project commitments and documentation (i.e. agreements, contracts, work authorizations, and purchase orders)
- Monitors program/project performance against contract requirements
- Monitors partners by reviewing and drafting language for contracts, reviewing interim and final reports and ensuring they have all their supporting documentation, reminding them of deadlines, keeping records of all their documents (financial reports, invoices, receipts etc.)
- Coordinates with project teams to support their ad hoc financial expenditures for outreach and delivery efforts
- Ensures team compliance with terms and conditions of complex grant and contract agreements
- Drafts grant proposal budgets and assists in the collection and submission of formal proposals for team Fundraising efforts
- Supports preparation of detailed proposal budgets and institutional Knowledge Management for all grants and proposals
- Coordinates and schedules team meetings and assists in coordination of team’s planning processes
- Manage various program, department, and organizational trackers
- Keeps meticulous electronic filing system for team project management
- Supports teams with financial management for conference and event logistics as needed, including participant travel
- Provides in-depth budget updates to senior management
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting etc.) Post graduate degree in related fields will be desirable
- 5-6 years of relevant, full-time work experience, preferably in financial management, budgeting, administration, or nonprofit operations
- Dynamic, assertive, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of nonprofit operations
- Good understanding of team dynamics
- Strong time and priority management abilities.
- Proven experience managing highly complex budgeting structures
- Attention to deadlines particularly with regard to grant compliance and monitoring subgrant and contract relationships
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality, timelines, and organizational systems
- Strong writing, Database Management, and proofreading skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to work well in a team and with international colleagues
- Good written and oral communication in English
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills including high level of comfort with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), web-based communications (Skype, Zoom), and CRM database (Salesforce)
- Budgeting experience with Excel, or other budgeting software is highly desirable
A selection process will be carried out according to the following phases:
- Acceptance of the application: The acceptance will depend on the fulfillment of the profile and requirements, training, knowledge and professional experience according to the profile of the position.
- Interviews: Applicants shortlisted in the previous stage, will move on to on-site and timely interviews that will be informed in a timely manner, to evaluate their competencies, professional aptitudes and personal skills.
- Written test: The need to apply a written test and a diagnosis of managerial effectiveness will be determined during the process only for candidates who are selected as a result of the previous processes.