Intern - Transport
Intern - Transport
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India is supporting Global Road Safety to reduce fatalities and injuries from road traffic crashes and the selected candidates will join our Streets and Safety, Urban Transport team to be based in Delhi.
The individual will assist the team in street design/neighbourhood planning and road safety projects in Delhi & other cities through provision of safe infrastructure, capacity building, community awareness programs, workshops, analysis, project-related data, documentation, Planning and Design, and coordination between different stakeholders. The successful candidate will work closely with his/her supervisor.
For this position, WRI is looking for candidates with strong graphic communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Sketchup, and the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
How your day will unfold:
The candidate will undertake and oversee specific responsibilities as are listed below.
• The candidate should have adequate understanding of Street design principles & Guidelines.
• Support in the production of conceptual and technical design drawings using AutoCAD, Sketchup, or other 2D or 3D software.
• Support with the layout of publications and documents by creating relevant illustrations, diagrams, charts, infographics, and other visual content for WRI.
• Support with publications, presentation decks, social media, and other materials.
• Assist the team in the timely delivery of activities as outlined in the project.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture or planning and master’s degree in the field of Urban design, Landscape design, Urban planning & transport planning. (0 to 1 years of work experience)
• Proficiency in English and Hindi is a must. (Reading and Writing).
• Clear ways of communicating research ideas.
• Ability to analyse and interpret data from various primary and secondary sources.
• Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD, Sketchup is a must.
• Working knowledge of Adobe suite and GIS is preferred.
• General awareness of road safety, the street & Junction design will be preferred.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as the ability to collaborate with other stakeholders on deliverables.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: 6 Months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here