Research Analyst Food and Land Program
World Resources Institute China office (WRI China) is seeking a Research Analyst to the China Food and Land Program. The Research Analyst will play a dedicated and analytical role in implement WRI’s food and land projects to look at the synergies among food, land use, climate, environment, biodiversity and etc., such as the global green value chain relevant issues.
- Conduct research and analysis on policies and practices in the areas of food and land use;
- Liaise with implementation partners and maintain communications with local technical teams on a regular basis;
- Author or co-author WRI knowledge products such as reports, issue brief, working paper, etc. and blogs in both English and Chinese, and coordinate publication process;
- Coordinate and work closely with global and local experts throughout the project delivery;
- Organize events, workshops, conferences, and other project dissemination or capacity building activities;
- Assist in project management as needed;
- Support fundraisings of the program;
- Support other activities as needed.
- Master’s degree in agriculture economy, natural resource management or similar field relevant to food, land use. Knowledge on global value chain or international trade is a plus.
- At least two years of highly relevant, full-time work experience in the above fields.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills. Experiences on ArcGIS or modeling is a plus.
- Excellent research and writing skills, preferably with publication experience both in Chinese and English.
- Excellent communication skills and command of written and spoken Chinese and English.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and innovative in facing challenges, opportunities and new tasks.
- Demonstrating team spirit with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with staff and external stakeholders at all levels, and flexibility to work across different time zones.
- Willingness to travel and to concentrate on field work as needed.
Starting Date: ASAP
Location: Beijing, China
Salary and Benefits: Competitive compensation will be offered commensurate with qualifications
To Apply: Qualified applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal (www.wri.org/careers) to be considered. Both Chinese and English resumes are required. Please include a cover letter with your application.
Application Deadline: Open till filled.
The World Resources Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, parental status, or disability.
Established in 1982, WRI is a non-profit501(c)(3) organization respected globally by policymakers, non-governmental organizations, and corporate leaders.
WRI’s reputation is grounded in its excellent analysis, non-partisan approach, and high-impact results. We measure our success based on how our work helps to create real-world change on the ground—and approach we call “Managing for Results.”
WRI’s work is united by and driven by our values: Innovation, Integrity, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI fosters a culture of innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. WRI employees are driven by the organization’s mission and have the satisfaction of helping to create a more prosperous and healthy planet.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org and www.wri.org.cn.
Please sent your CV to Hui.email@example.com