Development Coordinator, China Core Functions
Summary:World Resources Institute China Office Development Department is seeking a Development Coordinator to provide development coordination support. You will coordinate efforts to secure the financial resources and partnerships needed to advance the objectives and goals of WRI China. We require excellent attention to detail, good understanding of team dynamics, goal-oriented, excellent interpersonal skills and coordination ability, strong time and priority management abilities.
Proposal Development and Internal Coordination
- Support internal fundraising coordination across programs and with the Global Development team.
- Facilitate concept and proposal development processes.
- Support development operations and Community of Practice coordination & cooperation.
- Ensure adherence to WRI’s fundraising and development guidelines and corporate vetting procedures, working with colleagues in WRI China and the Global Development team.
Donor Stewardship & External Communication
- Support Program/Center/IO follow-up on donor requests
- Support donor cultivation efforts including developing donor background materials, preparing for donor meetings and tracking donor engagement.
- Monitor and communicate donor restrictions and reporting requirements, support project review meetings, and facilitate and ensure timely, accurate, and complete submission of donors financial and narrative reports.
- Support donor communications, including coordination of email blasts, communication materials and other outreach.
Prospect Research and Knowledge Management
- Conduct research on prospective funders and related trends.
- Use and update Salesforce to track prospects, proposals, grant reports, and donor stewardship efforts.
- Use tender databases and locate and track prospective calls for proposal.
- Respond to donor due diligence requests.
- Maintain Knowledge Hub to house development related materials and share information.
- Facilitate capacity building activities with WRI’s Global Development team.
Event and Administrative Support
- Provide ad hoc support to donor engagement meetings and events.
- Translate bi-lingual materials around events, publications, etc.
- Provide administrative support to regular internal and external meeting coordination, travel arrangement, etc.
- Support intern management
- Provide other administrative support as necessary.
- Master’s degree with an excellent academic record
- Minimum 2-year work experience in sustainability, environment, international development, social sciences or related fields. Experience working in a development function or prior fundraising experience preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills with the ability to work and engage different team members across multiple departments
- Good time management skills, with demonstrated capacity to work well under pressure with multiple projects and priorities and deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong information collection, data analytical and visualization skills
- Detail-oriented, quick learning ability, highly self-motivated
- Excellent speaking and writing abilities in Chinese and English, able to write in an organized, clear, and articulated manner
- Commitment to WRI’s mission and institutional values
Final candidate will be required to take a writing test.
Reporting: Development Manager
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Location: Beijing, China
Application deadline: Open till filled
How to Apply:
- Your resume with a cover letter.
- Your portfolio, which can include links or pdf of your released articles, papers, events that you were deeply involved in preparation and implementation, or any other works can prove your qualifications.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.