Consultant for PRIMS System Analyst
WRI Indonesia is associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country focusing on forests and land use governance and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include climate, energy, as well as cities and transportation programs.
As a preventive measure of fires and haze, President Joko Widodo mentioned in his official speech at the Conference of Parties (COP) 21 Paris the establishment of the Peat Restoration Agency (Badan Restorasi Gambut/BRG), an agency that is mandated to restore 2 million hectares of peat by 2020. This work entails, for example, mapping fire-prone provinces, raising peatland water tables, revegetating degraded peatland, creating alternative livelihoods for local communities, and investigating alternative crops for peatland.
WRI Indonesia supports the Peat Restoration Agency (BRG) to achieve its restoration targets to significantly reduce carbon emissions by developing
- The development of a “feeder” platform (PRIMS) that will be handed over to BRG and be used for monitoring their restoration activities and avoided emission from restoration activities.
- The sub-national monitoring platform will be handed over to South Sumatera Provincial Government, used to monitor on-the-ground restoration activities, and integrated to
- The feeder platform will be connected to
ProvincialGovernment in seven priorities provinces.
- The feeder platform will be integrated into National MRV system.
- The feeder platform will be functioned as data linkage between BRG, MoEF and Provincial Government in term of peat restoration activity and avoided emission reporting.
- The use of
feederplatform on implementing and monitoring restoration activities will reduce the time of the peat restoration activities.
- Feeder platform will help obtain peat restoration data at
nationaland sub-national level.
The System Analyst will be seconded in BRG office in Jakarta and will report to WRI Indonesia’s Platform Lead and coordinate closely with BRG data stakeholders. The System Analyst is required to attend
Required Qualifications :
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferably with coursework in information technology, business analysis, web design and programming, web-GIS/geoportal development, and/or information management system.
- Professional working experience at least 5 years in the field of IT as well as able to demonstrate skills and knowledge to perform this assignment professionally.
- Have experience in developing databases (MariaDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS).
- Have experience in using UNIX based operating system.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Strong background in information mapping and end-to-end Database Architect (database aliasing, schema, foreign key, fast indexing)
- Solid experience on UNIX based operating system for performance monitoring, backup, and scheduler.
- Understanding of, and experience in database development MySQL and PostgreSQL-PostGIS.
- Familiarity with web-based GIS framework using OpenGeo, GeoNode/GeoShape, Cartoview and/or Leaflet/OpenLayers.
- Familiarity with GIS Server using ArcGIS Server, GeoServer, and/or MapServer.
The System Analyst is tasked to ensure the continuity of PRIMS services, spearheaded the construction of consolidated database across deputies in BRG and manage the congruency of applications in BRG which contains but not limited to PRIMS, BRG internal monitoring (backend system), etc.
- At the end of the assignment, the Consultant shall submit a Final Report that includes the architecture design of data across deputies in BRG, PRIMS, and other peatland restoration partners, including constraints experienced and any recommendation for improvement.
Low LevelDesign (Database Data Structure) in SQL, XML or BAK which consists of fully defined data structures including database, table, types, schema, type, constraints (primary_key, index andforeign_key).
- Technical Activities (70%)
- Determines database structural requirements by
analy s ingBRG operations, applications, and Programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Provides map services
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Integrates all database in environment system
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Coordination (30%)
- Coordinate with BRG cross deputies on the needs of
platform, technical team, national and international stakeholders that consists of ministries, agencies and research institutions
- Contribute to the development of WRI Indonesia’s strategy for peatland restoration monitoring, working toward the achievement of Indonesia’s restoration goals.
Consultant rate is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive rate.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 30 April 2019. We will close the advert earlier when best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.