Research Analyst, Energy Program
On-line applications are required.
In the event of technical difficulties, and please email Jie.email@example.com with your resume and cover letter, Jie will help you to submit on-line.
The major responsibility of this position is to deliver projects in the areas of renewable energy and energy efficiency to reduce/cap consumption of fossil fuel, achieve large-scale emission reduction and environment quality improvement through policy research and advocacy, local pilot projects, and scaling-up efforts.
The Research Analyst will carry out activities as below:
- Conduct research and analysis on energy policies and practices in the areas of renewable energy and energy efficiency;
- Support pilot cities on promoting renewable energy and improving energy efficiency in the sectors specified by WRI and the respective cities;
- Author and publish WRI knowledge products such as reports, issue brief, working paper, etc. in both English and Chinese, and coordinate publication process;
- Present research findings on workshops as needed;
- Organize internal/external meetings, workshops, conferences, and other project dissemination activities;
- Assist in project management work as needed;
- Support fundraisings of the program, both in Beijing and global offices;
- Support other activities as needed.
- Master’s degree in energy, electrical engineering, environmental science, or related fields, IT and modeling or PhD degree is a plus;
- Three years’ work experience in energy planning, policy research on renewable energy and energy efficiency, low carbon and sustainable cities/industrial parks/communities, etc.;
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, and modeling is a plus;
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, and presentation skills, preferably with publication experience;
- Ability to work well in a team, manage multiple priorities, take initiative, and deliver under tight deadlines;
- Ability to engage stakeholders, conduct interview and other research activities independently;
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin and English;
- Experience in energy policy research, particularly the analysis of economic, social and environmental impacts of renewable energy and/or energy efficiency;
- experience working with City governments, or experience working with industry;
- Knowledge of renewable energy and grid system;
- Knowledge of energy efficiency especially in building sector, green buildings;
- International experience, including working or studying aboard, or with multinational corporations and international NGOs.
Position Reports to: Energy Program Lead
Location: Beijing, China