Senior Budget Analyst – Finance, Operations
Senior Budget Analyst – Finance, Operations
What is WRI India?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
WRI India requires a self-motivated, smart, detail-oriented and highly organized individual to support its Operations department. This is a position for someone seeking to work in financial and project management.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide significant support to the Operations team in analyzing and forecasting finances and for various reporting purpose. It is expected that this individual would be willing to manage routine processes to ensure the smooth functioning of the office with a high level of engagement and attention to detail.
Some of the expected role will be:
- To provide insight to the financial decision-making process in an organization through analysis, financial projections (planning, budgeting and forecasting) and reporting. To bring scalable financial control on operations. Develop unique and flexible reporting structure.
- This role requires coordination across functions including: Project Management, Finance, Global Operations and others.
- To lead the group of budget mangers and associate to get the required data and information.
- Forecasting and reporting of actuals for monthly reviews; drive and optimize the process of data collection to ensure accurate monthly reporting
- Preparing budget, actuals and forecasting at P&L level for multiple business units, support annual operating plan exercise; ensure accuracy of forecasts is maintained
- Variance Analysis. Ability to look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to analytical conclusions based on the findings
- Understand and evaluate new/MIS requirements diligently and ensuring delivery; prepare management dashboards and reporting deck
- Interacting with program leads/ units, explaining the variances monthly, sorting out the queries and ensuring forecasting accuracy
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to resolve recurring issues
- Develop clear understanding of business levers and use this to support the program and others
- Providing analytical support to delivery team by helping the understand the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow from a business perspective and impact of financial/operational decisions on the group.
- SAP knowledge or worked in online platform for managing the budget and financials will be added advantageous.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- CA intern/CA/ Full time MBA in Finance / Engineering, Mathematics or other business/analytical disciplines.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in similar work.
- The candidate should have leadership skill in managing the team and presenting the financials in the board and other meetings.
- The candidate should be an extrovert with excellent inter-personal relations and strong communications and writing skills.
- Candidate needs to have a good attention to detail with a sense of urgency
- Candidate should have natural curiosity and research abilities.
- Candidate should have worked in an organization with more than 100 employees.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Mumbai, India
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.