Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across the country. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India is seeking an enthusiastic candidate to complete a broad variety of tasks for the Program Director – Integrated Transport, Electric Mobility, and Hydrogen. The role will require internal and external coordination, communications and liaison, and reporting, in a dynamic environment, often with strict deadlines.
How your day will unfold:
• Maintain a well-organized, daily and long range electronic calendar for the Program Director, including external and internal meetings, speaking engagements, agendas, etc., including domestic and international travel itineraries.
• Coordinate video/audio conference calls, inter alia regular management team calls and all-staff calls.
• Work with the operations team to help manage meetings, including helping set the agenda of management team meetings and off-sites, and all-staff meetings.
• Manage the Director’s office space, including reference and research materials.
Communications and Liaison
• Serve as the Program Director’s administrative liaison to WRI India staff and partners.
- Assist staff and other stakeholders with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all internal/external relationships.
- Support organization of meetings, including preparation of materials in coordination with the management team.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the Director’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the management team, including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Facilitate cross-programmatic planning and coordination.
• Serve as primary communications contact for the Office of the Director
- Field all incoming calls, maintain an electronic contacts list, and support routine outreach
- Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
- Follow up on contacts made by the Director and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships, especially with donors and key political persons
- Complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Director’s ability to effectively lead the company
- Send out regular staff updates of the Director’s external meetings, trips, and major WRI events, and communicate with staff, to ensure that staff have face time with the Director.
• Ensures that the Director’s bio is kept updated and he responds to all internal and external requests.
• Works closely and effectively with the Director to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Director updated.
• Prepare, maintain and submit electronic expense reports and outside reimbursement requests.
• Track and assist with reporting requirements of WRI global offices.
• Record and disseminate minutes of meetings, as instructed.
Other duties as instructed.
Qualifications and requirements we seek:
• Masters or MBA with 6 years of relevant experience, (preferably working as an Executive Assistant for a high-profile Executive/Director); it could be a good platform to move to a leadership role.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and administrative skills
• Superb interpersonal skills with an outstanding ability to interact on behalf of the Director with a diverse group of internal and external audiences
• Ability to set priorities and manage time efficiently within a busy environment
• Work proactively, independently and be flexible
• Enthusiastic and a quick learner
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suites
• Excellent reading, written and oral communications skills in English, proficiency in a second language is helpful but not required
• Strong commitment to the environmental/sustainable fields
• Experience supporting an executive with international travel, including managing schedules of meetings spanning across the continents
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity & confidentiality.
Salary and Benefits: 10,00,000 to 11,50,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: Full-time, term hire for a period for 1 year (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Bengaluru preferred
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.