Finance Research Analyst_Sustainable Investment Program
To achieve the targets in Paris Agreement to keep the global warming below 1.5℃ and China’s commitments of emission peaking by 2030 and carbon neutrality by 2060, Organizations including WRI have carried out extensive strategic thinking, research and convening on energy planning, national climate ambition and environmental/climate impacts analysis. It is essential to have China’s financing system to support the sustainable transition, since the tougher decarbonization tasks across sectors demand climate action in the financial sector to mainstream the investment flow towards to green development and sustainability.
WRI seeks a Research Analyst to support the Sustainable Investment Program work in China. The Research Analyst will undertake research on China’s green finance development and provide recommendations on financing China’s carbon neutrality. The position is expected to interact with financial regulators, financial institutions, thinktanks and other stakeholders. Active collaboration with team members of the Sustainable Investment Program and WRI China office, as well as external partners are also required.
The Research Analyst's key responsibilities will include:
Research (80% of time)
- Undertaking evidence-based research on China’s green finance market, like policies, ESG, innovative financial instruments, climate-related risk analysis and information disclosure.
- Co-authoring knowledge products, including blogs, reports and working papers.
- Preparing presentation slides and presenting at internal and external meetings.
- Contributing to project proposal, implementation and progress report.
Administrative (20% of time)
- Tracking, attending and assisting to organize internal and external events.
- Conducting outreach and engaging partners, as well as WRI colleagues across the programs and countries.
- Master’s degree, preferably related (but not limited) to finance, economics, environment or public policy, with an excellent academic record.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant full-time work experience in thinktanks, research institutes and other related organizations, experiences on green and sustainable finance related to the systemic change, like climate-related financial risk analysis, information disclosure and ESG investing will be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative and/or quantitative research.
- Professional written and presentation skills in Chinese and English.
- Good team player with good work ethics, detail-oriented and organized thinker.
Application:Reporting: Sustainable Finance Lead, Sustainable Investment Program, WRI China Office
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Duration: Full-time regular
Location: Beijing, China