Intern Electric Vehicles
Intern Electric Vehicles
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
WRI India is looking for an intern to work with WRI India`s Electric Vehicle (EV) team in Delhi. This individual will primarily perform research activities on EV related projects. The successful candidate will work closely with his/her supervisor.
Topic: Projects related to the Electric Vehicles, and Charging Infrastructure development in India.
The primary role entails:
- Assist and / or carry out research in identified area of work including development of publication plan, research report, technical papers etc
- Coordinate / follow-up with internal and external reviewers for developing knowledge products
- Support efforts to communicate about the E-mobility work at WRI India including analytical content to non-technical audiences, media, and other stakeholders
- Support in organizing events, workshop, webinars etc
- Identify research gaps, cultivate ideas and author or co-author knowledge products (e.g., reports, briefs, data-products)
- Provide research related support to other team members in E-mobility team.
- Collaborate and work with to advance publications.
- Master’s degree in Transport Engineering, Electrical / Electronics & Communication Engineering, Environmental engineering, Renewable Energy or related area.
- Experience working in any of the following:
- Systematic Literature Review abilities
- Clear ways of communicating research ideas and should have prior publication experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data from various primary and secondary sources.
- Stay updated on policy, political and social developments through regular news scan and analysis especially in the transport and environment sector.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Should have a basic understanding of transport and environment sectors, with a special emphasis to electric mobility.
- Should be versatile in relevant software such as MS Office, Excel, etc
- Should have professional presentation skills.
- Should know how to monitor performance analytics.
- Should be able to translate complex information into simple and snackable form for social media.
- Pre-existing and strong knowledge of electric vehicle sector.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, technical curiosity, and willingness to learn.
Location: The position is based in New Delhi, India.
Duration: 3 Months can be extendable based on performance.
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter/ Resume/ Writing Sample/ Reports/
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.