Head - Hydrogen & Battery Storage
Head - Hydrogen & Battery Storage
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India is looking for a bright, talented Hydrogen and battery storage specialist to take on exciting projects in the area of Hydrogen and energy storage in India. This individual will primarily be responsible for research in the field of application of Green Hydrogen across various sectors including steel, fertilizers, industrial, energy storage, and transportation. The individual will provide inputs for the implementation of the National Hydrogen Energy Mission at state and central levels and will be involved in developing battery storage and hydrogen policy for India. The work will comprise of research, policy formulation and capacity development. The position will be based in Delhi.
How your day will unfold:
The candidate will handle the following project responsibilities for the team:
• Responsible for providing technical guidance to design and project execution teams on concepts, value engineering and best practices that apply to design delivery of facilities for green hydrogen and battery technologies.
• Shall bring to bear profound knowledge of available technologies, technology advancements around the globe, equipment, systems and hardware offerings that are state-of-the-art.
• Must be familiar with the complete value chain from specification, design, procurement, erection and commissioning to downstream integration with end users in emerging sectors of hydrogen and battery storage.
• Key focus areas include end-use applications of hydrogen and batteries in the energy, industrial, and transport sectors.
• Commission research on application of biomass in Hydrogen production, roadmap for India to transition to a Hydrogen economy, development of battery ecosystem in India for energy and transport applications etc.
• Take charge of various non-technical aspects of project delivery, such as government interfacing, people engagement, project documentation, event management, etc.
• Excellent writing skills is required. Prior experience with research and policy papers would be essential for this role
• Carry out a significant amount of people engagement, through meetings, online communication, event participation, etc., with government officials, donors, international colleagues, partners, vendors, etc.
• Be willing and able to take on assignments that require a fair amount of short-term travel, both within India and internationally.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
• Minimum master’s degree in renewable energy, energy management and policy or Hydrogen Technology
• Programming experience with R and Python will be a plus
• 15+ years of work experience in related field with focus on policy formulation, levers and delivery mechanisms related to energy transition, REs, grid management, battery energy storage, open access, RPOs, mandates, CfD, Technology analysis, sectoral application etc
• Be able to take on the Responsibilities described above with a high level of independence.
• Be well-versed with the analytical tools, computer software, literature, they and current developments in the areas of hydrogen, renewable energy, electricity transmission and battery energy storage
• Important attributes for this position are innovativeness, independence, confidence, passion, analytical mindset, structured thinking, research-oriented, team-player, strong communication skills
• Proficiency in English, both verbal and written. Basic proficiency in Hindi will be an advantage
• Lastly, the candidate must strongly subscribe to the principles of sustainable development.
Salary and Benefits: INR 30,00,000 to INR 32,00,000 CTC
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 2 year (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: New Delhi, India
Start Date: At the earliest
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter (outlining your interest and suitability for the position)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Health & Nutrition: Personalized diet recommendation from a certified dietitian based on the physical health condition and lifestyle
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.