MANAGER– ELECTRIC MOBILITY
Manager– Electric Mobility
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
This is a research, writing and analysis centered position within the electric mobility team of WRI India.
- Write knowledge products (e.g., reports, briefs, data-products) – independently and in partnership with the electric mobility team
- Independently conduct quantitative and qualitative assessments of the electric vehicle market in India and globally
- Assist and / or carry out research in identified area of work including development of publication plan, research report, technical papers etc
- Support in organizing events, workshop, webinars etc. Coordinate / follow-up with internal and external reviewers for developing knowledge products
- Provide support / collaborate with other team members.
- Liaise with experts, perform analysis, produce project reports and presentations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Should have minimum 7-10 years of research, writing and analytical experience in a professional environment related to Electric Mobility
- Prior knowledge of EV powertrain, charging infrastructure selection for different use cases, Total cost of ownership and usage analysis is a must.
- Experience deploying EV projects is essential
- Impact on grid due to EV deployment, understanding of power management, local grid congestion management would be essential
- Masters degree in economics, engineering, strategy, with an excellent academic track record.
- Must have solid English writing skills to coherently convey complex information to a technical and policy audience
- Should have experience in writing reports, briefs, scientific papers, blogs
- Should have a good grasp on the electric mobility industry and policy landscape. Preferably, with a know-how of electric mobility related companies in India and their value chains
- Most importantly, the candidate should be willing to quickly learn new topics pertinent to electric mobility to help the team under tight timelines
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
Potential Salary: 11,00,000 to 15,00,000 INR
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: Two year (fixed term hire)
Location: Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru
Start date: As soon as possible
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs with a resume and a cover letter clearly indicating why you are interested in this position and what skills and experiences you bring to the position. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org