Internship for Social Media Management
The overall objective of the Emission Reduction & Sequestration Initiative (EMISI) is to transform the behaviors of individuals and organizations to be more aware of their negative environmental impact, act upon it and could scale their positive contribution in the society. WRI Indonesia will achieve this through working together with governments, businesses and individuals, by installing and integrating emission monitoring business processes and systems into their current organizational and individual behaviors and value chains. The outcomes include improved sustainable behavior in terms of reducing and offsetting emissions through an accountable participatory approach with organizations and the public at large. Prior and while achieving this, EMISI facilitates implementation of the same to internal WRI Indonesia so the organization could walk the talk and become a role model for external parties (Sustainability Champions).
General Internship Roles
The intern will focus on supporting the behavioral transformation of individuals through mainstreaming the EMISI App, Indonesia’s first personal lifestyle carbon calculator that turns personal emission into collective sequestration action. The mainstreaming activity includes but is not limited to ideate, utilize, and create contents for WRI Indonesia’s (potentially new) social media account(s) to promote low carbon emission lifestyle, the usage of EMISI app to track the transformation and produce other related contents. The main output of the role is the number of people educated through the communication products/contents and the increase in app users. S/he could be based anywhere as long as online measures are available, reporting to Sustainable Landscape & Business Senior Lead while coordinating closely with Sustainability Champions team and other WRI Indonesia’s teams.
- Innovation Strategies. Active involvement in ideating new or innovating the existing social media-related marketing strategy to promote low carbon emission lifestyle and usage of EMISI app.
- Marketing-oriented Research & Analysis. Active involvement of originating qualitative and quantitative research and analysis in the social media-related marketing strategy related to the promotion of EMISI app.
- Content Creation & Communication. Active involvement in ideating and creating social media content in communicating research progress and/or knowledge product and communication product publication related to the promotion of EMISI app.
- Senior undergraduate student or freshly graduated Bachelor student from respectable universities in Indonesia or overseas (preferably students from Communication Studies, Public Relations, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability Science, Business Management, and/or other sustainability-related studies)
- Familiarity in dealing with sustainability research, environmental products and services, and the relevant methodologies to the topics.
- Familiarity in basic project management principles and monitoring tools.
- Owns the ability to attractively visualize complex narratives & data in a compact & presentable form through various graphics (still and motion) and in multiple social media platforms.
- Strong analytical skill with strong attention to detail, mixed with highly responsible and self-motivated attitude.
- Innovative in mind and agile in pursuing ideas and concepts.
- Understanding of the basics of lifestyle impacts to climate change, including waste and emissions would be a plus.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia, with language fluency and basic understanding of both local culture and English
Internship Terms and Duration
This is a paid internship program for the period of December 2021 to March 2022, with possibility of other roles beyond the stated period, subject to project plan and performance. Detailed activity plan and arrangement will be discussed with the WRI Indonesia team following signing of the internship contract.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), December 2nd, 2021. We will close the advert earlier when best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect. The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $100 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.