Specialist, Research, Data and Innovation
Position: Specialist, Research, Data and Innovation
Programa/Departamento: RDI (Research, Data and Innovation)
Location: WRI Brasil (São Paulo)
WRI Brasil is seeking a specialist for the Research, Data and Innovation sector who will be responsible for upholding the integrity of research and data products. This role will also work closely with the Results Management team which oversees WRI’s products and outcomes, ensuring the translation of strategy into tangible results.
We measure our success not only by the quality of our research but also by its capacity to drive world-changing impacts aligned with WRI’s mission.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Support the development process of knowledge products for all WRI Brasil programs, currently including Forests, Land Use and Agriculture, Climate Change and Cities.
- Lead the review process of knowledge products advising on research design and data collection/processing efforts.
- Provide guidance to program technical teams to enhance knowledge products.
- Develop and deliver training and exchange opportunities to help teams adopt evidence-based strategies contributing to their goals.
- Systematize and report data and information related to ongoing knowledge product development by the WRI Brasil team.
- Foster a culture and environment of research excellence, ensuring high-quality research production throughout WRI Brasil.
- Report to the Executive Director of WRI Brasil and the Global Leader of Research, Data, and Innovation at WRI.
Ensuring Quality of WRI-branded Knowledge Products (50% of the time):
- Provide feedback to authors on research design and evidence collection suitable for key audiences, including policymakers, companies, government officials, and multilateral development organizations, consistent with WRI's research and publication tradition.
- Review WRI Brasil publications, as well as other relevant WRI publications for Brazil, to determine adherence to WRI research standards and approve them for publication.
- Assist authors and research teams in identifying external experts for objective and relevant reviews.
- Maintain the knowledge product management system and support review process planning with authors and teams.
Cultivating Research Culture and Capacity (25% of the time):
- Promote a learning culture valuing constructive critique, collaboration, and candidness, empowering the team to voice concerns, discuss shortcomings, and thus enhance research and knowledge product quality.
- Foster regular engagement with programs to connect researchers across various programs and encourage a culture of cohesion.
- Provide support and training to the research team in data interpretation, analytical issues, and effective writing.
- Participate in potential research-focused staff recruitment processes.
Coordinating with Data Lab and Results Management Functions (25% of the time):
- Ensure that the links between research and results are understood by the entire WRI Brasil team and integrated into strategies for generating outcomes, in collaboration with the Results Management team.
- Collaborate with Data Management and Results Management team to ensure quality and alignment within WRI Brasil.
- Assist in designing and empowering the roles of Data Management and Results Management within WRI Brasil.
- Provide guidance to the internal Data Management and Results Management team.
- Master's degree (preferably PhD) in a discipline related to environment, development, or assessment, with strong methodological background in social sciences, natural sciences, environmental science, or related fields.
- Relevant experience in conducting research related to the environment and/or sustainable development.
- Essential prior experience with international organizations and relevant work experience in Brazil.
- Proven track record in conducting and supervising research leading to policy and practice outcomes.
- Demonstrated expertise in specific research methods, quantitative or qualitative, and ability to clearly communicate these methods to colleagues. Experience with evaluation methods is highly desirable.
- Languages: Proficient in English and Portuguese.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Full-time employment (CLT)
- 40 hours per week
- Transportation allowance
- Meal allowance on the Caju Card
- Health insurance Dental insurance
- Birthday Day Off
- Life insurance
- Hybrid work model
- Year-end holiday break (between Christmas and New Year's)
How to Apply:
If you qualify for the position, apply online through the website https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs/ by October, 5th.
Only applications submitted through this website will be considered for the selection process.
WRI Brasil aims to incorporate diversity in its actions and projects. Therefore, if you wish, you can provide information in your Letter of Intent that you consider relevant for consideration in your application, including but not limited to: race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, regional origin, affiliation with traditional populations, physical disability, or specific needs.
About WRI Brasil:
WRI Brasil is a research institute that transforms big ideas into actions to promote environmental protection, economic opportunities, and human well-being. It engages in the development of studies and the implementation of sustainable solutions in climate, forests, and cities. WRI Brasil combines technical excellence with policy advocacy and works in partnership with governments, businesses, academia, and civil society.
WRI Brasil is a part of the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization operating in more than 50 countries. WRI leverages the expertise of over 1,700 professionals in offices across Brazil, China, the United States, Europe, Mexico, India, Indonesia, and Africa.