Field Application Engineer
Field Application Engineer, Aerospace & Defense
Location: Paris (Massy), France
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River® is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of critical infrastructure systems in aerospace and defense market sector with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability.
You will work closely with a dedicated account manager on aerospace & defense (A&D) accounts and strive to become the trusted technical advisor to our customers by understanding their business needs and addressing those needs through Wind River’s products, services and expertise.
What you’ll do:
You must have experience in embedded software engineering, preferably within the defense or commercial aerospace sectors. You should be capable of understanding A&D customers’ problems and be able to white-board solutions using our product offerings and services.
You should also know and have experience of software project development cycles and have a good understanding of project management.
Some travel within France, and occasionally within EMEA and to US will be required.
Who You Will Work With:
- A team of colleagues across Wind River, supporting you to achieve your strategic vision and revenue goals. This will include pre-sales technical experts, professional services, management, post-sales technical support and dedicated sales administration.
- You will engage with both internal and external senior executives to review business.
- EMEA A&D sales teams within Wind River, collaborating on best practices, sales enablement and tools to effectively execute company goals and revenue targets.
- Marketing teams, to create strategic campaigns, providing feedback on previous campaigns and asset effectiveness.
- Field Account Teams and Inside Account Executives to build and execute outbound prospecting strategies that are tailored to account / vertical market needs.
What will you do?
- Serve as technical point of contact, become the customer’s trusted advisor and the Wind River solutions expert.
- Listen to customer’s needs, analyze their requirements, and architect solutions utilizing Wind River portfolio, and present value proposition.
- Manage the technical needs of A&D accounts utilizing all available resources to effectively address customer product lifecycle needs.
- Develop account plans with the account manager, execute successfully, and increase Wind River market share with each customer.
- Represent Wind River at trade shows and seminars, and be willing to give presentations/talks at seminars and conferences.
- Provide consistent market feedback to Wind River.
What are the Requirements?
- The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of software development or solutions architecting, with experience in the following areas:
- Experience in embedded Linux.
- Experience in real-time operating systems (RTOS) desirable.
- Experience in Virtualization and Cloud Computing software desirable.
- Programming skills in C or C++ language essential, and experience or interest in the following also desirable: Python, Rust, Ada, etc.
- Knowledge of safety-critical software development standards desirable (DO-178C / ED-12C, IEC-61058).
- Knowledge of open software architectures (ARINC 653, POSIX, FACE™) desirable.
- At least 2+ years of technical pre-sales experience.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related area.
- French nationality preferable (due to interaction with French defense customers).
- Fluency in English.
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River operates on the fundamental belief that some things are so important they simply cannot fail; this is why we exist. This belief imparts vital energy and urgency into our work and the way we operate, execute, and respond.
For nearly 40 years, Wind River has helped the world’s leading technology companies power generation after generation of the safest, most secure devices in the world. And in a new era of autonomy and connectivity, Wind River continues to lead the way. Our software runs the “can’t fail” computing systems of the most important modern infrastructure, including mission-critical aircraft, rail, automobiles, medical devices, manufacturing plants, and communications networks. Our technology is in more than 2 billion devices throughout the world and backed by our industry-leading professional services, award-winning customer support, and robust partner ecosystem.
Are you interested in joining the world leader in safe, secure and reliable operating systems driving the leading edge of technology enablement? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
In addition to working on amazing technologies, we offer opportunities to grow your career how you see it, with lots of opportunities to shine. Apply to join Wind River today!
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.