Director Development/Technical Project Manager
Job ID 2019-1853
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
A division of Jobson Healthcare Information, Jobson Interactive (JI) offers world-class web and mobile app development, including integrated e-commerce solutions, B2B platform, B2C platform, mobile rep applications, custom development, and e-marketing services. JI is backed by a team of highly experienced and dedicated professionals who are able to deliver high-impact results that maximize your business potential. From strategy to design and development, JI has both the resources and experience to meet all of your digital needs.
The Director of Development/TPM works with both internal Developers and Outsource Partner Developers to document detailed technical requirements, prioritize and direct developers, both internal and external to accomplish project related tasks to meet expected timelines, making certain that developers have all the needed information to complete each task. The TPM will review code, perform basic Quality Assurance tasks and merge code for deployment as required. The TPM is responsible for communicating effectively with JI business stakeholders and JI clients to assure that clients are appropriately billed for work performed by JI so development tasks maintain appropriate margins.
- Communicates with all project stakeholders in a timely manner in order to set proper expectations for customer web development engagements and customer maintenance / enhancement requests.
- Perform Code Reviews and Configuration Management tasks
- Plan and schedule project time-lines and milestones using established tool sets and procedures
- Organize project calls (setup, agenda, action items, summary, follow-up)
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Assist in developing and delivering progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to function with limited oversight
- Bachelors degree in related area, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years combined direct work experience in a development and/or PM capacity
- Familiarity with project management software, such as Jira, Ace or MS Project
- Experience at working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Adept at troubleshooting project-related issues
- 2 years of development experience, preferable C# and ASP.NET
- Basic SQL skills
- Quick adaptation to shifting priorities, demands and time-lines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Flexible during times of change
No travel required