Senior Database Administrator
Job ID 2020-2286
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
- Job Location: 395 Hudson Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10014
- Job Type: Full Time
Duties: Work with various database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Vertica) participating in all stages of database related work, including deployments, provisioning hosts, backup/recovery, patching and upgrades; automate DB tasks through tools and scripting; develop high-availability solutions for 24/7 applications; participate in database operation’s on-call rotation; and work with developers and product managers to deliver innovative products and services in the health care industry.
Requirements: Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field, followed by five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in job offered or five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in a related occupation. Experience must include one year of experience with each of the following:
- experience as a database administrator using the following database technologies: MongoDB and Microsoft SQL Server;
- database experience with troubleshooting, tuning and designing;
- experience with backup and recovery strategies;
- experience with high availability technologies for database platforms;
- Automation and scripting experience using Shell, Chef, and Ruby;
- programming experience using Python;
- experience with monitoring tools including one of the following: Circonus, Solarwinds, Splunk; and
- experience with MySQL.