Piping System Design Engineer - Houston, TX
Piping System Design Engineer
Victaulic - Houston, TX Office
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION**
Victaulic, the world leader in Mechanical Pipe Joining systems, has an exciting new opportunity available due to growth and expansion in our Piping Movement Design Group. Not only will you use your piping design experience to help customers model the company's products in our piping systems, you will also have the opportunity to design new products, visit customers and jobsites, and provide seminars and training. If sitting at your computer running calculations every day is getting old, this may be the position for you!
Responsible for providing engineering calculations and pipe system design support.
1. Review customer system requirements and offer Victaulic product solutions for piping system design needs.
2. Provide thermal movement, anchor load and other calculations.
3. Design pipe support products such as anchors.
4. Identify and assist in the development of new products.
5. Visit field installations to assist customers in using Victaulic products and optimizing performance.
6. Provide general support to sales organization including creating, organizing and conducting technical seminars.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with 2-10 years pipe system design experience.
2. P.E. License (Professional Engineer) desired BUT will consider an EIT (Engineer-In Training) with the expectation that they will continue on to get the PE Certification. .
3. Project Management in building construction.
4. Experience in the design and build process or work experience with an EPC.
5. Candidates with working knowledge of ANSYS or Caesar Stress Analysis will be given preference.
6. Requires excellent communication skills and professional appearance.
7. Organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
8. Ability to travel 15%