2nd & 3rd Shift Maintenance Technicians - Easton, PA
Come join a global leader in pipe joining solutions!
Victaulic has what you’re looking for – career opportunity, professional development, excellent benefits, and a collaborative work environment. Our people are our best asset, so we take care of them.
This position will be responsible for maintaining production machinery and equipment under the direction of Operations and Manufacturing Engineering staff.
3rd Shift 11:00pm – 7:30am
* Shift times are subject to change.
Overtime: Employees must be willing to work daily and weekend overtime as business conditions require it. Overtime will be paid for all hours worked in excess of forty hours in any one week..
Responsibilities: To include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Support daily production scheduled through the timely troubleshooting and repair of faulty equipment, both electrical and/or mechanical in nature.
- Support the development, implementation, and enhancement of an effective preventative maintenance (PM) program to ensure consistent equipment performance.
- Perform routine PM activities.
- Assist in maintaining spare part inventories, to include cataloguing of components and ordering as needed.
- Maintain and document repair history for use in trend analysis.
- Conduct root cause analysis of machine faults and maintenance repairs, with recommendations for process or machinery improvements
- Maintains effective lines of communication between manufacturing personnel, supervisory personnel and outside contacts as required
- Observes all safety practices while on the manufacturing floor and while running equipment
- Design and implement fixtures to aid in manufacturing process.
- Personal protective equipment must be worn at all times (ex. safety glasses, ear plugs, and steel toe shoes). Safety equipment is provided by the Company with exception of steel toe shoes, which must be provided by employee upon the first day of employment. New hires will be eligible for our safety shoe acquisition program which provides a discount for safety shoes purchased through our contracted distributor.
Key Core Competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Accuracy and Follow Through
- Attention to Detail
- Education/Experience/Technical Knowledge
- 2 yr. Associates degree or Technical school preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience maintaining industrial automation equipment.
- Experience in the maintenance of automated assembly equipment and its operation to include troubleshooting of pneumatics and industrial controls.
- Understanding of PM and TPM strategies and how they relate to the management of industrial automation.
- Ability to communicate equipment issues to operations and manufacturing engineering staff in an accurate and technical manner.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley controls and exposure to industrial vision systems a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to create routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Operations and Engineering management.
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to talk and hear. The employee will regularly be required to lift up to 50 lbs. The employee will occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms and stand for extended periods of time.
- The Morning Calls Top Work Place
- Opportunity for growth and Innovation
- VPP World Class Safety Program
- Company Events
- Company Matched 401k Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Wellness Program
Benefits effective 30 days after hire:
- Life Insurance
- 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement (effective 6 months after hire)