2nd & 3rd Shift Production Supervisor - Forks Township, PA
Come join a global leader in pipe joining solutions!
Victaulic has what you’re looking for – career opportunity, professional development, excellent benefits, and a collaborative work environment. Our people are our best asset, so we take care of them.
RESPONSIBILITIES to include but not limited to:
- Ensure all employees understand and abide by all Company safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ensure that safe and sanitary working conditions are maintained in the facility in accordance with Company standards, as well as, state & federal laws and regulations. Ensure all employees understand their OSHA rights. Conduct safety training topics as required or needed. Responsible for scheduling employees to attend all assigned safety meetings, toolbox talks, and safety training sessions. Promptly investigate all accidents and near misses, completing appropriate reports and taking action to eliminate root causes.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the areas on assigned shift. Supervise hourly personnel assigned to the same area and provide accountability for area results and activities.
- Ensure continuity between shifts on area practices. Set area practices and goals for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and direct area resources toward problems or weaknesses in order to provide maximum area efficiency.
- Facilitate improvement projects.
- Provide process and methods control.
- Coordinate all area training for both hourly and salaried personnel.
- Coordinate area staffing by approving all vacation, PTO, shift modification, etc. for hourly personnel.
- Insure area is properly cleaned and maintained. 5-S paperwork completed and posted.
- Manage equipment and hourly personnel to manufacture a steady flow of quality products while maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Assign and instruct the workforce in such a way as to maintain a high level of quality production while following all process procedures as explained in the process control manual.
- Enforce priorities and procedures as determined by the Plant Manager.
- Monitor operations on a constant basis to ensure equipment is in proper working condition, employees are following procedures, and work areas are kept in a clean and safe condition.
- Ensure all employees understand and abide by all company safety regulations and policies. This includes scheduling employees to attend all assigned safety meetings, promptly investigating accidents and near misses, completing appropriate reports and taking action to eliminate potential causes.
- Complete daily production and downtime reports.
- Complete daily attendance reports and absentee reports.
- Distribute overtime equally within each department.
- Enforce all collective bargaining regulations following procedures as written.
- Take action on any processes going out of control.
- Communicate with employees and fellow supervisors.
- Define, in writing, any problems that must be addressed to any service department.
- Participate actively in the Quality improvement Process and the Victaulic Product Delivery System (VPDS) by conducting scheduled employee involvement and training meeting.
- High School Graduate (College Preferred).
- Five years’ experience in Foundry operations.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends, or other shifts if required.
- Must keep a professional appearance.
- Must maintain a good performance and attendance record.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of handling exerting and/or stressful situations.
- Must be able to conduct and participate in meetings.
Benefits effective on first day of employment:
- Life Insurance
- 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement (effective 6 months after hire)