Controls and Actuation Sales Specialist - NYC
Since 1919, Victaulic has led the industry and continues to grow our outside sales team. At Victaulic, we don't sit back and enjoy success. We move forward and strive to grow.
Victaulic, the global leader in mechanical pipe joining innovations, has the most tenured, largest and best-trained sales team in the industry. We continue to add high-powered sales representatives to our organization, and help them build a successful career with an industry leader.
Victaulic sales representatives are out on the road every day, meeting with valued customers, visiting job sites and building relationships with key stakeholders to ensure continued success. Our sales team consists of team players who are self-starters with strong problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude and a drive to succeed and communicate effectively with a diverse customer base.
Our rewards package consists of a competitive base salary, incentive compensation plan, company automobile and comprehensive benefit and retirement plans.
The Controls and Actuation Sales Specialist will be responsible to develop business around our hydronics solutions.
1. Develop a strategic plan to target key opportunities and accounts that will result in achieving sales goals and improving specification position for Victaulic. Focus will be on globe style valves, coil components, technical aspects of the Hydronics product line.
2. The Strategy must include goals & objectives that are quantitative and measurable.
4. Responsibility for implementation of the strategy and increasing product penetration at the engineering, owner and contractor level.
5. Plan implementation will be project focused and driven by the Regional Balancing Specialist. Will be responsible for effective communication and coordination of activities with others in the region as required.
6. Develop a strong understanding of system design, major equipment function, plan reading, Victaulic balancing component applications, project design cycle, competitive products, competitive selling points, technical verbiage, and Balancing Valve market trends in the territory.
7. Build relationships with all influences and decision makers at the highest levels of each account to maximize sales and specification potential on all opportunities.
8. Presentations will be done for these associations, mechanical engineers, and owners on a regular basis to promote the Victaulic balancing concept.
9. Become the technical expert on balancing, hydronic trouble shooting, and project take offs in the area. Minimum of five take offs and quotes, or BOM conversions, done per week. New construction opportunities will be quoted pre-bid. The project quotes and prioritization will be done in conjunction with the RSM and local TM.
10. All activities will be documented and meet reporting requirements as defined by Victaulic management.
11. Be able to balance a HVAC System. Will train if needed.
2. At least 5 years experience in outside sales related to construction and mechanical products. Knowledge of controls, automation, temperature, hydronic balancing systems/equipment and/or pumps with the ability to read and interpret HVAC system design plans is highly desired.
3. Must have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and present a professional image. Well versed in Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Word.
4. Very strong organizational and problem solving skills; above average mechanical aptitude required.