The Maintenance – Mechanical position is responsible for all mechanical repairs to production equipment and company equipment in all divisions.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions, identify root cause and perform mechanical repairs and installations of Machining, Assembly and fabrication equipment in both divisions.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems of CNC machines
- Use hand tools, drill press, grinder, saws, and all other machine shop tools to complete tasks.
- Participate and complete Preventative Maintenance tasks within the company Preventative Maintenance Program
- Ordering and sourcing of repair components for machinery repairs and day to day consumables.
- Participate in company projects related to new or modified equipment involving design and repair
- Utilize all company safety practices and policies in repairing company equipment.
- Support, participate and utilize all Lean Manufacturing initiatives, FEM program and ISO requirements
- Adhere to company safety programs including Lockout / Tagout, zero mechanical state for equipment, fall protection equipment, ladder, lift equipment regulations and confined space requirements under OSHA
- Work various shifts, overtime and weekends as and when required.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENT:
The use of appropriate safety equipment described below is a condition of employment and not one of choice. Safety equipment that must be worn while performing job responsibilities is as follows:
-Hard hats, gloves, face shields
-Safety harnesses for fall protection
-Flame retardant uniform
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- Minimum of 3 year experience in hands on repair and maintenance of Machine /CNC machines and Assembly Equipment in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Possession of Ontario Millwright License or equivalent experience will be an asset.
- Forklifts and Scissor lift certified.
- Able to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics and basic electric trouble shooting skill
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and Vernier’s
- Good communication skills and able to converse with all levels of company employees, suppliers and contractors
- Solid organization skills and complete maintenance tasks with minimal supervision
- Good computer skills to communicate with suppliers or source required repair components
- Experience to use welding and Flame cutting equipment.