Licensed Practical Nurse- Night Shift
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
- Entity: Winchester Medical Center
- Shift: Night
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The Medical Innovation Unit or MIU for short is a new and exciting unit that opened on December 15th 2021. Opened with the goal of testing innovative technologies and care models to help Valley Health achieve its mission of serving its community by improving Health. MIU is currently a 30 bed medical telemetry (class 1) unit with ratios of 1:5 on days and 1:6 at night for nurses.
On this unit you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Doctor as MIU has its own dedicated physician for all 30 patients. The unit also has a dedicated Case manager. Thus, every day starting at 9:15 am the MD, the case manager, a pharmacist, and the primary RN round together in each patient’s room to review the plan for the day and the plan for the stay. This has created predictability for patients and family to get the information and options they need in a way that keeps everyone in the loop.
Innovative initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing interdisciplinary rounding at the bedside as the standard of collaboration on the unit
- Bringing LPNs back to the bedside and allowing them to practice to the fullest extent of their license
- Clinical techs in the inpatient setting to practice at the fullest extent of their license. CNAs who receive specialized training to perform lab draws, place IVs, do EKGs, perform I/O catheterization, etc.
- Teledoc video communication solutions (in development)
This position requires a person with a positive attitude, who is pleasant and cooperative, displaying a professional demeanor with patients, families’ physicians and fellow employees. This position requires the ability to remain productive under stress. Demonstrates VHS Values behavior in all interactions.
Certification & Licensures
LPN Nursing License required *
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved required **
* Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia with either a: Multi-State License, under the Nurse Licensure Compact OR Single-State License, Valid in Virginia Only
** New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.
• Knowledgeable in the cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological stages of human growth and development • Must be capable to assist the RN in the physical, psychological, and social age-appropriate assessment, care, and treatment of assigned patients • Must have a reliable means of phone communication with hospital
What You Will Get:
At Valley Health, we believe everyone is a caregiver, and our goal is to create an environment where our caregivers thrive physically, financially, and emotionally. In addition to a competitive salary, our most popular benefits for full-time employees include:
• A Zero-Deductible Health Plan
• Dental and vision insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance
• Retirement Savings Match
• A Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with many aspects of emotional wellbeing
• Membership to Healthy U: An Incentive-Based Wellness Program
Valley Health also offers a health savings account & flexible spending account for childcare, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and professional development. In addition, several perks come with working for the largest employer in the region, such as discounts to on-campus dining, and more.
To see the full scale of what we offer, visit valleyhealthbenefits.com.
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
20 A Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Patient Care Tech.