Company Secretarial Assistant
Why Tokio Marine HCC?
Standing still is not an option in the current world of Insurance. TMHCC are one of the world’s leading Specialty Insurers. With deep expertise in our chosen lines of business, our unparalleled track record and a solid balance sheet, TMHCC evaluates and manages risk like no one else in the industry. Looking beyond profit, empowering our people and delivering on our commitments are at the core of our customer values, and so is a desire to grow and provide creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
We have an opportunity for a Company Secretarial Assistant to join a small and busy secretariat on a permanent basis. As a Company Secretarial Assistant, you will provide high quality support and assistance to the Company Secretary and Company Secretariat department to ensure the overall smooth and efficient running of the Tokio Marine HCC International governance structure. As this is a relatively small team, you will get the opportunity to work in all aspects of Company Secretarial and have exposure to senior management and the Board.
We are seeking a motivated and confident individual with excellent communication and organisation skills, who has the enthusiasm and commitment to developing a career within the company secretarial field whilst undertaking relevant professional qualifications.
The role will require the employee to develop an understanding of TMHCC International’s corporate structure, processes, and management and develop an understanding of the principles of corporate governance.
The Company Secretarial Assistant’s primary responsibility is to support the Company Secretariat, and perform the following key functions:
- Assist in the collation and production of board and committee/group packs and following up on action points
- Assist with the updating and management of TMHCC International corporate structure charts and governance structures
- Assist with the maintenance of the statutory and other records for all entities within the Tokio Marine HCC International group and ensure the timely submission of statutory filings for those entities.
- Assist with responses to KYC enquiries
- Assist with the submission of the quarterly return to TMHD (via Houston).
- Liaise with senior individuals throughout TMHCC International.
- Support the Secretariat in a wide range of administrative functions
- Assist in researching legislative, regulatory and governance matters
- Assist with Group-wide projects and ad hoc matters
- Liaising with other departments to resolve/collaborate on issues whilst identifying and prioritising your own workload.
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects and other departmental tasks that may be required from time to time.
There is scope for the role to develop and for the candidate to be responsible for some sub-group meetings.
- Develop an understanding of the insurance industry and TMHCC International’s business
- Understand TMHCC International’s governance structure and the support provided by the Company Secretarial team
- Familiarisation the Company Secretarial team’s processes, procedures, and expectations
Skills and Experience Specification:
- ICSA qualification (if not completed)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, accuracy, and attention to detail especially in written work.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word (extensive formatting experience) and Excel, and relevant software.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a Company Secretariat department.
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to work proactively under own initiative, prioritise, handle time pressure and manage multiple projects at the same time with flexibility to adapt to shifting expectations.
- Self-motivated, as well as a strong team player with a keen sense of ownership and desire for continuous improvement
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies. #LI-TS1